In all fairness, picture the Giants without Eli and others

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How far do you think the Giants would go without Eli, Boss with a broken rib, RB Bradshaw out, their starting two CBs out, their starting safety out, and their starting punter out?

Too many injuries to overcome for any team. Any team with that many injuries is going to get slaughtered.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ninja;2392822 said:
How far do you think the Giants would go without Eli, Boss with a broken rib, RB Bradshaw out, their starting two CBs out, their starting safety out, and their starting punter out?

Too many injuries to overcome for any team. Any team with that many injuries is going to get slaughtered.

They'd be fine, they've already proven their team doesn't rely on any one guy. Their D excels because of the scheme and that it puts players in the best position to succeed.

zack

Reaction score
ninja;2392822 said:

See last year...they had a lot of injuries and the result was the Super Bowl....

shnagy

Reaction score
zack;2392841 said:
See last year...they had a lot of injuries and the result was the Super Bowl....

The most important person, Eli, wasn't hurt. Totally different.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
even terry bradshaw thinks we can turn it around. yes, i said terry bradshaw. I don't hear no fat lady singing.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
they would be better off without eli than us without romo. the defense is the giants team. the offense is our team.

Woods

Reaction score
TheCount;2392835 said:
They'd be fine, they've already proven their team doesn't rely on any one guy. Their D excels because of the scheme and that it puts players in the best position to succeed.

I don't think the Giants can win consistently without Eli Manning.

Opposing defenses would simply focus on stopping the run.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
More excuses.

There is absoutely no excuse for:

1) Leading the league in penalties

2) Poor tackling

3) Lack of ability to protect the Quarterback

4) Absolutely zero toughness on Offense and Defense

I will give you Tony Romo but we still have Roy Williams, Terrell Owens, Marion Barber, Andre Gurode, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Jason Witten, Ken Hamlin, Demarcus Ware and Greg Ellis.

I didn't even mention guys like Anthony Spencer, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, Tank Johnson etc etc.

There is no excuse for this type of play.

You give this roster with the injuries to a compotent Head Coach like Jeff Fisher or Bill Belichick and I doubt you get the same results you are getting now.

Mansta54

Reaction score
shnagy;2392852 said:
The most important person, Eli, wasn't hurt. Totally different.

You are so on point with this statement. Romo changes things on both sides of the ball...

SacredStar

Reaction score
The Giants could still win w/o Eli.

Their secondary is average, but it's their defensive line that is so disruptive. They have one the best O-lines and D-lines in football.

It all starts in the trenches, and they have the best of both.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ninja;2392822 said:

They lost their best defensive player and haven't missed a beat.

Next excuse?

soccerbud

Reaction score
ninja;2392822 said:

they lost michale strahan and usi umenyiora (the two best players on their D without a doubt) to retirement and season ending injury. However, their defense is still performing at a elite level.

The difference between the Giants and the Cowboys is that their back ups and young guys stepped up to the challenge, and our didn't.

Woods

Reaction score
soccerbud;2392917 said:
they lost michale strahan and usi umenyiora (the two best players on their D without a doubt) to retirement and season ending injury. However, their defense is still performing at a elite level.

The difference between the Giants and the Cowboys is that their back ups and young guys stepped up to the challenge, and our didn't.

I think that the MAIN difference is that our offense can't score more than around 13-14 points per game, without Romo.

You CANNOT win in this league with such poor offensive production on any consistent basis.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
No sale. This boat was springing plenty of leaks before Romo went down. Hell, the Skins lost Campbell last year (not to mention Taylor) and went on a big time roll. Conversely, when Dallas sees adversity, it rolls over.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
bbgun;2392970 said:
No sale. This boat was springing plenty of leaks before Romo went down. Hell, the Skins lost Campbell last year (not to mention Taylor) and went on a big time roll. Conversely, when Dallas sees adversity, it rolls over.

:hammer:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2392870 said:
More excuses.

1) Leading the league in penalties.

I've never seen so many pre-snap penalties in my life. Is anyone ever punished, or forced to sit out a series? What are the consequences for self-destructive mistakes? None that I can see.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2392870 said:
More excuses.

1) Leading the league in penalties

2) Poor tackling

3) Lack of ability to protect the Quarterback

4) Absolutely zero toughness on Offense and Defense

I will give you Tony Romo but we still have Roy Williams, Terrell Owens, Marion Barber, Andre Gurode, Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis, Jason Witten, Ken Hamlin, Demarcus Ware and Greg Ellis.

I didn't even mention guys like Anthony Spencer, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, Tank Johnson etc etc.

There is no excuse for this type of play.

You give this roster with the injuries to a compotent Head Coach like Jeff Fisher or Bill Belichick and I doubt you get the same results you are getting now.

Exactly.

StylisticS

Reaction score
We will continue to see these results as long as Wade phillips remains as Head Coach. A Coach that makes excuses for his players and his other coaches. A coach that beats around the bush and never tells it like it us. A coach that does not care to pay attention to detail. You have proven disciplinarian in Coughlin and that's why there young guys step up. The Skins players love Gibbs (even though he was lost in this era of the game) and he demanded the most out of his young players and that's why they finished the way they did. Wade simply has got to go.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
StylisticS;2393180 said:
We will continue to see these results as long as Wade phillips remains as Head Coach. A Coach that makes excuses for his players and his other coaches. A coach that beats around the bush and never tells it like it us. A coach that does not care to pay attention to detail. You have proven disciplinarian in Coughlin and that's why there young guys step up. The Skins players love Gibbs (even though he was lost in this era of the game) and he demanded the most out of his young players and that's why they finished the way they did. Wade simply has got to go.

And the same thing was said about Bill Parcells.

zack

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2392995 said:

Again, what has this team shown over the past 10 years in dealing with adversity. Nothing, doughnut. If the Giants lost Eli, they would still win. As the other posted said it, there is a ton of talent left on this team and there is no excuse for losing.