In all fairness, picture the Giants without Eli and others

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2393260 said:
And the same thing was said about Bill Parcells.

I wish we had Parcells now. The Giants players hated Coughlin too.
Worked well for them.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2393260 said:
And the same thing was said about Bill Parcells.

Yeah true. So we need a coach that's basically in the middle. A coach that holds them accountable and a coach that lays off of them sometimes. OR (and I really hate to say this) it could simply be the players.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
bbgun;2392970 said:
No sale. This boat was springing plenty of leaks before Romo went down. Hell, the Skins lost Campbell last year (not to mention Taylor) and went on a big time roll. Conversely, when Dallas sees adversity, it rolls over.

We'll see. Take a look at our record with Romo. He makes a HUGE difference. We may not have been playing perfectly with him in there this year, but we were 4-2 with an OT loss and a 2-point loss to a tough division rival. We have another weapon now with Williams and our O-line should be healthy again. Our defense will be better the second half. It has shown signs of improvement. 10-6 wild card and capable of beating anybody. That's what I see happening.

firehawk350

Reaction score
StylisticS;2393335 said:
Yeah true. So we need a coach that's basically in the middle. A coach that holds them accountable and a coach that lays off of them sometimes. OR (and I really hate to say this) it could simply be the players.
It's Jerry Jones IMO... He rewards big plays because it sells seats and merchandise and every player knows who is going to make all the calls, so they have no incentive to play for the team. I mean, who the hell does Jerry think he is giving away the game ball after tampa? That's the freaking head coach's job... Are the players going to pour the gatorade over Jerry next win too???

firehawk350

Reaction score
BIGDen;2393394 said:
We'll see. Take a look at our record with Romo. He makes a HUGE difference. We may not have been playing perfectly with him in there this year, but we were 4-2 with an OT loss and a 2-point loss to a tough division rival. We have another weapon now with Williams and our O-line should be healthy again. Our defense will be better the second half. It has shown signs of improvement. 10-6 wild card and capable of beating anybody. That's what I see happening.
So you are just hoping nobody else gets hurt or nobody reaggravates their injury then???

Mansta54

Reaction score
bbgun;2392970 said:
No sale. This boat was springing plenty of leaks before Romo went down. Hell, the Skins lost Campbell last year (not to mention Taylor) and went on a big time roll. Conversely, when Dallas sees adversity, it rolls over.

Oh so you're comparing the loss of Campbell to the loss of Romo. Poor analogy!!! Not even close..

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
firehawk350;2393420 said:
So you are just hoping nobody else gets hurt or nobody reaggravates their injury then???

Uhh...yeah. Of course I'm hoping that. Aren't you? Anyway, the main point was about Romo and that we win a large majority of the time he starts. Period.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
StylisticS;2393335 said:

It's B.

We don't have leaders on the football team.

We need someone like Ray Lewis to get this guys in shape.

Who is the leader of the Defense? Who is the leader of the Offense?

We need a guy that does the dirty work that Wade Phillips won't do behind closed doors.

I heard Chris Carter or someone on Michael Irvin's show say the very same thing a few weeks ago.

I will say it again, the last time we had a team that played with heart and above their pay grade was the 2003 Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, they were blown out and were eventually exposed but they had heart, something the Bill Parcells/Wade Phillips teams of late don't have.

We are the joke of the NFL.

firehawk350

Reaction score
BIGDen;2393445 said:
Uhh...yeah. Of course I'm hoping that. Aren't you? Anyway, the main point was about Romo and that we win a large majority of the time he starts. Period.
Well, I'm a skins fan, but I don't hope you have anymore injuries. Either way, I'm just pointing out flawed logic because those boys fans whose rally cry is when we get romo, kosier, etc... back is you are assuming you wont lose anybody else or those will come back full strength nearly immediately.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2393442 said:
Oh so you're comparing the loss of Campbell to the loss of Romo. Poor analogy!!! Not even close..

Er, not this year. As for 2007, they also lost Carlos Rogers plus both starting offensive tackles and Randy Thomas for a good chuck of the year. Did they curl up in the fetal position? No. We can learn from their example.

CrankyTodd

Reaction score
Mansta54;2393442 said:

The Commanders lost Sean Taylor, Jason Campbell, Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas, Carlos Rogers, and Rocky McIntosh, and had players like Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, Santana Moss, and Cornelius Griffin among others playing through season long injuries that limited their effectiveness. Not to mention the fact that Sean Taylor was not simply injured, he was actually murdered, and the team had to deal with that tragedy. And with all that adversity, the team made the playoffs.

The analogy is poor only because the Commanders faced far more adversity than the Cowboys. Stop making excuses.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
firehawk350;2393510 said:
Well, I'm a skins fan, but I don't hope you have anymore injuries. Either way, I'm just pointing out flawed logic because those boys fans whose rally cry is when we get romo, kosier, etc... back is you are assuming you wont lose anybody else or those will come back full strength nearly immediately.

Hey...you fake Commanders! Take out the eagles and the Giants and the Cowboys might give your a break...next time.

:star:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So true.

If anyone seriously thinks the Giants would've won the Super Bowl last year if Eli had gotten hurt and the Pillsbury Throwboy had been their QB... They need their head examined.

Big Blue Joe

Reaction score
StylisticS;2393335 said:
No, it's probably the coach. Coughlin found that middle ground last year, and it's worked very well for the Giants. I'm guessing Sparano did the same thing with Cowboys OL last season, because they were scary beast back then.