In defense of Mike McCarthy

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Before the national media (because I don't see it coming as much from the local media) turns this into a feeding frenzy on Big Mike, I just wanted to point out some compliments for Big Mike from people who have an opinion that matters. I think some people think this team just magically got its act together this year. No one, not many here, and not many people in the national media, gave us a shot to be where we are at now. You can take down the man when we're losing, but you also have to prop him when we're winning.

Bill Belichick 2021:

Bill Belichick 2015:

Aaron Rodgers on Green Bay critics a few years back:

Brett Favre on Cowboys peformance in 2020, and rumors of player criticism (Favre looks completely right now in retrospect 2021):

Troy Aikman on Big Mike and his impact on the offense:

I will believe them instead of some of the talking heads that try to put a wedge between the head coach and coordinators. The media is scared and they should be because after Chip 6 I am going on a rub your nose in it campaign!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
For 10 years, all we complained about was how soft Garrett was, how he did nothing but clap, how he was as conservative as a nun, how his team scheme was just outdated, etc. Now we have a guy that is completely aggressive, and then when he went conservative, people went crazy. What do you want? Do you want an aggressive coach or not? He's going for it no matter where it's at because he has the #1 offense in the league, and if he misses, he trusts his team to create another opportunity, and this was NOT in the crucial 4th quarter, it was in the 1st qtr, so there was ample time to get it back.

It may be too aggressive for you or me, but this is how and who he is. Now if you don't like that style, maybe they will move on and find someone else we can complain about after 1 year because that's what we do as fans. We complain. I generally like to give a coach 3 years.

The clock thing is subjective because what you may do, I may be against. It's all about results IMO. Does the guy get results, and if so, do you really care how it happened?

These are obviously just my opinions and I'm definitely in the minority here so carry on guys.
Not all fans complain.....

Other than that, great post

shabazz

Reaction score
Every show on ESPN says the only two stories in sports are Mike Mccarthy and Baker Mayfield under performance . The only thing mentioned about OD Beckham is that he deserves a better team, even though he’s can't catch a pass in his gut

It was Bill Nagy until Justin Fields won a game.......Tomlin remained Teflon until he finally won a game

Such is sports “Journalism”.........McCarthy will be “critiqued” even if he gets to the NFC championship game