In effect, the last 3 games were playoff games for our opponents!

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
What I'm getting at........

I know the 'Boys haven't looked as dominant as many fans are expecting/wanting over the last 3 weeks, but I think it's important to remember that for Detroit, Phili, and now Carolina, each of them were playing with their backs against the wall, with THEIR SEASONS ON THE LINE.

Each team had an outside chance at the playoffs with a victory. So we got their best shot. Particularly Detroit played much harder and much more focussed with far fewer mistakes than in many games when they played us.
Phili is a very familiar divisional opponent. Carolina has a decent D and just beat a very HOT Seattle team last week, and still had an outside shot at playoffs.

None of these teams were completely "fork stuck in them" done. So we got good efforts and focus against us. Not only that but once again the Dallas team is a measuring stick for a teams ability and manliness, so teams are giving us a good effort.

Yes, we'd like to scare other teams more, but we certainly have not looked IMHO as if ANY team truly was a superior team to ours at any point this season. Even against the Patriots IMHO.

Yes, we'd like to dominate and go into playoffs playing mistake free and very sharp football, BUT we are overcoming obstacles each game. The Defense has stepped up the last 2 weeks, which was the main shortcoming the last 2 or 3 Decembers when the team went down the toilet. This year, the last 2 games our Defense has really stepped up (ok there are 2-3 plays per game where you go "how'd that happen" but there are also, huge big plays from our guys).

Every week is tough in NFL. These last 3 game were against teams that had everything on the line, and we had pretty much wrapped up a bye, yet we were focussed and deep enough to pull off 2 wins.

Not perfect, but BETTER than the last few years and I think we don't give enough credit to our last 3 opponents.

LarryCanadian

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I kind of felt like the packers game. We jump out to a lead and kind of put it on cruise control.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1851884 said:

I know the 'Boys haven't looked as dominant as many fans are expecting/wanting over the last 3 weeks, but I think it's important to remember that for Detroit, Phili, and now Carolina, each of them were playing with their backs against the wall, with THEIR SEASONS ON THE LINE.

LarryCanadian

You are right. It will be the same next week when we play the Deadskins. With the way things are going, Washington will probably still have an outside chance to make the dance. I am two minds about this next game. On one hand, I would like Wade to rest as many players as possible, but on the other, I would love to drive a dagger in the heart of Washington's season. That would be soooooooo sweet;)

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I never was never comfortable with the idea of resting starters who could play. Sorry. You play to win and you win to play from here on out. If you try to change what you did that got you here it is hard to get it back.

One more game and on to Glory!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Paniolo22;1851941 said:
I kind of felt like the packers game. We jump out to a lead and kind of put it on cruise control.

No-when Owens went down, our O started spiraling out a bit. Otherwise, we were headed toward a nice double digit victory.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You know, i pointed out this same thing to my friend who said that we should have beat Carolina by at least two touchdowns. I told him that if you win an in-conference game, on the road, in December, against a team with playoff hopes, it doesn't matter if its by a FG or 21, its a good win.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1851884 said:

Each team had an outside chance at the playoffs with a victory. So we got their best shot. Particularly Detroit played much harder and much more focussed with far fewer mistakes than in many games when they played us.
Phili is a very familiar divisional opponent. Carolina has a decent D and just beat a very HOT Seattle team last week, and still had an outside shot at playoffs.

None of these teams were completely "fork stuck in them" done. So we got good efforts and focus against us. Not only that but once again the Dallas team is a measuring stick for a teams ability and manliness, so teams are giving us a good effort.

Yes, we'd like to scare other teams more, but we certainly have not looked IMHO as if ANY team truly was a superior team to ours at any point this season. Even against the Patriots IMHO.

Yes, we'd like to dominate and go into playoffs playing mistake free and very sharp football, BUT we are overcoming obstacles each game. The Defense has stepped up the last 2 weeks, which was the main shortcoming the last 2 or 3 Decembers when the team went down the toilet. This year, the last 2 games our Defense has really stepped up (ok there are 2-3 plays per game where you go "how'd that happen" but there are also, huge big plays from our guys).

Every week is tough in NFL. These last 3 game were against teams that had everything on the line, and we had pretty much wrapped up a bye, yet we were focussed and deep enough to pull off 2 wins.

Not perfect, but BETTER than the last few years and I think we don't give enough credit to our last 3 opponents.

LarryCanadian

I really wish this post would have been posted in my "You can slice it how you want it" thread. This was an intelligent post that wasnt full of insults or critcism. Great post and this is exactly what I was getting at when I created my thread. Good stuff.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;1852037 said:
You are right. It will be the same next week when we play the Deadskins. With the way things are going, Washington will probably still have an outside chance to make the dance. I am two minds about this next game. On one hand, I would like Wade to rest as many players as possible, but on the other, I would love to drive a dagger in the heart of Washington's season. That would be soooooooo sweet;)

Unless GB loses tomorrow to CHI, we wont have the option of resting starters.

Good news is we get Glenn back.

sago1

Reaction score
It's also good news that we now have an extra day for those Cowboy players who need it. Am worried not only about TO but also about Gurode, Newman, Ratliff, Romo, etc. Too bad about the Eagle game cause it would have been nice to rest some of our players instead of playing all we can to win the Skins game.

Scotman

Reaction score
Future;1852179 said:
You know, i pointed out this same thing to my friend who said that we should have beat Carolina by at least two touchdowns. I told him that if you win an in-conference game, on the road, in December, against a team with playoff hopes, it doesn't matter if its by a FG or 21, its a good win.

EXACTLY. Wish I could have said it as well.