In Game and Half-time Adjustments and using TO as a star!

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Man am I loving how improved this part of the coaching process has been, on offense especially, but on defense as well.

Playing to win, not not playing to lose. As an overall philosophy. Putting players in position where they have strengths and/or advantages!

And add in there TO being used in the middle of the field out of all sorts of formations, even starting out as an H-back. Ding Ding we have a winner, instead of using TO only on the sideline like last year. It's night and day out there.

After the 1st half the plan to go pass pass pass, pass, pass to get yards and even to set up the run later. Wouldn't see that last year to that degree.

This is a huge reason for early season success so far!

LarryCanadian

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I was complaining like crazy in the first half about the soft zone coverages (for the third game in a row), but they seem to have noticed too - Phillips adjusted the defense to take away outside routes, and it was all she wrote from there.

Our DBs are just plain better man defenders than zone.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I know our defense and DBs have been giving up a lot of 8-10 yard out patterns and the quick slant, but the thing I'm really liking is that the result is that the DBs are keeping the play in front of them. I don't remember the last time our DBs played the ball as well as they have. The PI penalties have really been cut down because of this.

Also, Reeves is a pretty sure tackler...I wonder if this was the difference between him and A. Glenn?