In honor of Redsk*ns week... "The Gibbsian Moment"

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Commander fans never cease to amaze me. I noticed a few things back in the late 70s early 80s about them that continue today. Here is how they think.

Everyone in a Commanders uniform is great except for one guy, the designated scapegoat. If they lose it is the scapegoats fault. If they win it is because the team is so great.

The Commanders are always on the verge of a dynasty. No matter if they won the Super Bowl or finished 5-11 the previous season. Every player drafted or signed by the Commanders is a future all-pro.

Every Commander is a great guy off the field. The Commanders organization loves and cares for all of its players. It is a virtual love fest and a great family organization.

Flip that around for the Commanders fan attitude towards the Cowboys.

Everyone in a Cowboys uniform is terrible except for one guy, the designated good player. If Dallas wins it is because of the good players solo heroics. If they lose it is because the team is so bad overall.

The Cowboys are always on the verge of a total collapse. No matter if they won the Super Bowl or finished 5-11 the previous season. Every player drafted or signed by the Cowboys is a future bust.

Every Cowboy is a real jerk off the field. The Cowboys organization uses and abuses all of its players. It is a virtual hate fest and a sniping backbiting classless organization.

What do you think? Am I right?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1765901 said:
Commander fans never cease to amaze me. I noticed a few things back in the late 70s early 80s about them that continue today. Here is how they think.

Everyone in a Commanders uniform is great except for one guy, the designated scapegoat. If they lose it is the scapegoats fault. If they win it is because the team is so great.

The Commanders are always on the verge of a dynasty. No matter if they won the Super Bowl or finished 5-11 the previous season. Every player drafted or signed by the Commanders is a future all-pro.

Every Commander is a great guy off the field. The Commanders organization loves and cares for all of its players. It is a virtual love fest and a great family organization.

Flip that around for the Commanders fan attitude towards the Cowboys.

Everyone in a Cowboys uniform is terrible except for one guy, the designated good player. If Dallas wins lose it is because of the good players solo heroics. If they lose it is because the team is so bad overall.

The Cowboys are always on the verge of a total collapse. No matter if they won the Super Bowl or finished 5-11 the previous season. Every player drafted or signed by the Cowboys is a future bust.

Every Cowboy is a real jerk off the field. The Cowboys organization uses and abuses all of its players. It is a virtual hate fest and a sniping backbiting classless organization.

What do you think? Am I right?

They kind of remind me of **** Germany.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
kmd24;1765830 said:
The Gibbsian Moment - Redux
By Mark "Om" Steven
November 11, 2007

One last thing. When it does come—even as you inwardly wail, cry and scream—you may find yourself, almost instinctively, continuing to carry on with false bravado. Don’t be surprised—that's simply how Commanders fans are supposed to act.

Hell.

Brilliant! I appreciate all the time you must have put into that.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
There are three kinds of Commander fans.

And they all make lousy choices when it comes to picking an NFL team to support.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awesome, awesome post kmd.
It's clever enough to post on ES to stoke a rivalry and not be considered outright trolling, I would think. Then again, I'm banned from ES because I lack judgment.