In review, the OL issue

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I go back to being a hard core fan since 1970. I recall all players since then. So I have tremendous historical knowledge.

This year, the Boys have suffered the worst injuries in history, and the OL has been hit the worst. We are putting out there an amateur group. McCarthy tried those trick plays because he knew Dalton had no more than 1.5 seconds to throw, with sorry *** OLine protectors, so no down field plays were not really possible.

With Martin and C. Erving (2nd time out, a waste of a free agent pick-up) out for several weeks, the towel must be acknowledged. I do not think Zeke is bad, except for the fumbles. He has no OLine blocking for him. The same downturn hit Tony Dorsett when the Boys lost Pat Donovan and Herb Scott from the OL.

Give Zeke T Smith and Lael healthy, with Martin at guard, and an improved Tyler B at center, and deep threat Blake Jarwin, Zeke can average 100 yards a game, plus Dak will have a lot of time to throw. I do not see many holes opening up for him. I see big bodies on the Boys' OL try, but they cannot do anything. For two games with Erving and Martin a ttackle, the team was good, now they are worse than the worst in NFL.

I do not know if T Smith will ever be healthy enough to play 16 games. Another OT must be drafted in 2nd round. A guy who can start 3-4 games, and perhaps spell T Smith if we are up big late in a game.

First rounder has to be reserved for a cover corner. (Unless we are top 3-4 and Sewell is on board. I would take him, pencil him in a starting LG, who will also back-up and slide over for T Smith if he goes down again. Sewell is a projected ten year All-Pro. Very athletic, and simply knocks down defenders like bowling balls.)

I would love to trade down if Sewell is gone and get a 1st and 2nd, and use the first for the cover corner, assuming Sewell is gone, get an extra second for a safety who can start, to go with #37 D Wilson. Bye bye Xavier.

We have two thirds and two fourths. I would use two on DT's, strong ones at point of attack. No fatties. Big, tall ones who can block QB's view downfield. The Boys should find a Leon Lett type in some small school who is not drafted high because of poor competition but whom is projectd to be a surprise stud. I hate those under 6'4" and having big guts. I would draft one more CB in 3rd and 4th rounds, one more safety, with great range and great tacklng ability.

Improvement in the lines most important, along with rebuilding the secondary.

Xavier187

Reaction score
They will go way before Brown. Unless you are trading into the back of the first round I'd count them out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go back to being a hard core fan since 1970. I recall all players since then. So I have tremendous historical knowledge.

This year, the Boys have suffered the worst injuries in history, and the OL has been hit the worst. We are putting out there an amateur group. McCarthy tried those trick plays because he knew Dalton had no more than 1.5 seconds to throw, with sorry *** OLine protectors, so no down field plays were not really possible.

With Martin and C. Erving (2nd time out, a waste of a free agent pick-up) out for several weeks, the towel must be acknowledged. I do not think Zeke is bad, except for the fumbles. He has no OLine blocking for him. The same downturn hit Tony Dorsett when the Boys lost Pat Donovan and Herb Scott from the OL.

Give Zeke T Smith and Lael healthy, with Martin at guard, and an improved Tyler B at center, and deep threat Blake Jarwin, Zeke can average 100 yards a game, plus Dak will have a lot of time to throw. I do not see many holes opening up for him. I see big bodies on the Boys' OL try, but they cannot do anything. For two games with Erving and Martin a ttackle, the team was good, now they are worse than the worst in NFL.

I do not know if T Smith will ever be healthy enough to play 16 games. Another OT must be drafted in 2nd round. A guy who can start 3-4 games, and perhaps spell T Smith if we are up big late in a game.

First rounder has to be reserved for a cover corner. (Unless we are top 3-4 and Sewell is on board. I would take him, pencil him in a starting LG, who will also back-up and slide over for T Smith if he goes down again. Sewell is a projected ten year All-Pro. Very athletic, and simply knocks down defenders like bowling balls.)

I would love to trade down if Sewell is gone and get a 1st and 2nd, and use the first for the cover corner, assuming Sewell is gone, get an extra second for a safety who can start, to go with #37 D Wilson. Bye bye Xavier.

We have two thirds and two fourths. I would use two on DT's, strong ones at point of attack. No fatties. Big, tall ones who can block QB's view downfield. The Boys should find a Leon Lett type in some small school who is not drafted high because of poor competition but whom is projectd to be a surprise stud. I hate those under 6'4" and having big guts. I would draft one more CB in 3rd and 4th rounds, one more safety, with great range and great tacklng ability.

Improvement in the lines most important, along with rebuilding the secondary.

Planning to draft specific positions in specific rounds is the worst idea ever.

Cam Erving has been very good when healthy. Zack Martin is injured. Does that mean it was bad to sign him to a big contract...

Xavier187

Reaction score
Not talking about him. Conner Williams is Poo.

Js. He justvisnt strong enough at the point of attack