In the Colts game did Newman give up a Touchdown to Reggie Wayne?

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
I havent been online in 5 days, so im not sure if this has been discused or not but, in the colts game did Newman give up a Touchdown to Reggie Wayne?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
i think it wasn't his man, pretty sure one of the safeties was responsible.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Yes, Newman jumped the route of another receiver and left Wayne all alone. So he wasn't covering Wayne, but he should have been.

rojan

Reaction score
isnt there a stats website were we can find out???

Reaction score
stealth;1181835 said:
i think it wasn't his man, pretty sure one of the safeties was responsible.

Wrong, Newman got beat because he jumped the route and didn't go with his man...

thssanders

Reaction score
it was newman's fault... you can find the video on youtube (cowboys vs colts highlights) and it is on there.... he jumped to the receiver going inside but that was henry's man and the safety couldn't get over in time to do anything about it

sbark

Reaction score
Was a very smmmooooth quasi-pik play........the Boys' would do well to add that one the play book..........put TO and Glenn in that pettern would force a tought decision for the db's

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Newman's streak is over. He's still the definition of shutdown corner.

And he almost came up with the few and far bewtween big play against the colts.

scottsp

Reaction score
That bunch action was well designed, IMO. That's the sort of recognition play that even the best DBs get burned on once in while.

Newman got bit there, but man I thought he played one of his best games last Sunday. He and Glenn were superb, I thought.

I would kill to get my hands on an A-22 capture of an entire game to watch corners like him, and to get a better view of entire secondary coverages. That's the sort of thing the network replays selectively - not nearly enough to give a good account of the actual cat-and-mouse stuff going on.

Yeah, I'm sick like that.