In the interest of balance, how low is rock-bottom or worst-case for McCarthy era?

vnick

Reaction score
I think worst case scenario is a repeat of what we have had over the past few seasons. McCarthy has proven he can coach, so I believe the team will not hit rock bottom. He may not reach the heights we hope, but I don't think the team bottom outs on him. He was a safe hire.

_sturt_

Reaction score
2020-01-12_1542.png

_sturt_

Reaction score
So if our opinion doesn't exactly match the a through g selection options then our opinions are not to be considered?

hehe... well, it's not like I'm able to delete them, so don't talk like I'm censoring anyone...

But yeah, I asked it the way I asked it because I think it's helpful for people to self-select which way of thinking about it is most reflective of their own assessment... as opposed to having all kinds of somewhat differentiated anecdotal individual opinions tossed in the mix like a salad. When individuals self-categorize how they look at it, it's easier to gain a bead on what inclinations seem to be more prominent.

(No offense, but if you prefer salad, again, you're as free to start your own thread as I am, so why not do that? I don't think I'm asking for anything all that weird or difficult, though.)

_sturt_

Reaction score
No shortage of threads where that would be a relevant post. This isn't one of them.

75boyz

Reaction score
hehe... well, it's not like I'm able to delete them, so don't talk like I'm censoring anyone...

But yeah, I asked it the way I asked it because I think it's helpful for people to self-select which way of thinking about it is most reflective of their own assessment... as opposed to having all kinds of somewhat differentiated anecdotal individual opinions tossed in the mix like a salad. When individuals self-categorize how they look at it, it's easier to gain a bead on what inclinations seem to be more prominent.

(No offense, but if you prefer salad, again, you're as free to start your own thread as I am, so why not do that? I don't think I'm asking for anything all that weird or difficult, though.)

My bad, thought my own assessment didn't quite meet your own specific criteria but totally understand the filter nevertheless. No biggie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Um. Yeah. Got that. The first time. Promise.

My point... and question in the OP... remains.

If you don't like the examples, sure, make up your own. I don't actually care.

Meanwhile, I'm not going to be dragged over into what you want to talk about, since you're just as able to start a discussion here as I am.

And when you start that thread, let me know. I'll participate, I promise.
If he's correct, he has a valid point; You've categorized incorrectly. I'm not concerned about it myself, and I don't think he really is either - just pointing it out to you, if you wanted to edit the OP.

plasticman

Reaction score
OP: "all things being equal"... meant to suggest that nothing too far out of the ordinary goes on.

Jerry has never fired someone so soon. And McC has never been so reactionary.
.I would submit that McC has never worked for such an intrusive owner, GM, take your pick.

Also, the window has never been so narrow for Jerry as he must contemplate his legacy....and his mortality.

A 2-6 start would certainly get McCarthy fired, Particularly if there is a feasible interim like Nolan, perhaps another.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I'd say whichever performance looks most like this thread would be rock bottom.

_sturt_

Reaction score
If he's correct, he has a valid point; You've categorized incorrectly. I'm not concerned about it myself, and I don't think he really is either - just pointing it out to you, if you wanted to edit the OP.

He actually doesn't if one studies closer, and without any particular grudge against JG... but I'm just not going there in this thread. No offense to anyone. Just stubborn that way.

Back on point....

Surprised no one suggested that rock-bottom isn't rarely/rarely.

Somewhat surprised no one suggested Belichick as rock-bottom, just based on some of the enthusiasm I've read.

Last edited: