Indiana Jones IV screenplay given green light by Spielberg & Lucas

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
This film has been in limbo for a while but apparently, Lucas and Spielberg have finally agreed on a screenplay. I guess if Sean Connery can make an Indiana Jones movie in his 60's so can Harrison Ford.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editoria...tion=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=48867

Movie News
JONES Draft Whips it Good

Dateline: Sunday, May 29, 2005
By: NEWS EDITOR
Source: Variety

Master_SiteMovies272108.jpg

George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have apparently given approval to screenwriter Jeff Nathanson draft for INDIANA JONES 4.

Paramount Pictures still has to get Harrison Ford to sign off on the script, though. Ford has not read Nathanson's script yet.

Scheduling the production of INDY 4 will be difficult because Spielberg is heading to Europe next to shoot a movie about the aftermath of the 1972 Munich Olympics and is expected to follow that with a film about Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
They do need to get this done. Indiana Jones is a great series. I bought the DVD set the day it came out. However, they need to hurry, Ford is getting old.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I loved the Indiana Jones movies. I hope this happens!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first and 3rd movies were great....I think they fell asleep on that second one.

Chances are if they are going to make another then it will be a good story.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I have lost all faith in George Lucas. They should stop while ahead. I can picture Indy fighting CGI-created bad guys with his CGI side-kick "Mummy boy" voiced by Chris Tucker. :(

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny, I agree...but it's not just Lucas.

Hollywood, in general, relies too heavily on CGI nowadays.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
Danny, I agree...but it's not just Lucas.

Hollywood, in general, relies too heavily on CGI nowadays.
I agree they have gone overboard with the cgi

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Last Crusade was '88, does the Fedora really need to come back?

There have been scripts and numerous rewrites for the longest time with Indy. They thought they would have it done when Shawshank/Green Mile scribe/director Frank Darabont penned one a few years back but it fell through.

It's all about the almighty dollar, though, and a new IJ movie will definitely put aces in seats.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Avery said:
Last Crusade was '88, does the Fedora really need to come back?

There have been scripts and numerous rewrites for the longest time with Indy. They thought they would have it done when Shawshank/Green Mile scribe/director Frank Darabont penned one a few years back but it fell through.

It's all about the almighty dollar, though, and a new IJ movie will definitely put aces in seats.

Although I love Indiana Jones, I agree, the originality seems to have disappeared from Hollywood.