Injuries Are Key

Verdict

Reaction score
A team's success, or lack thereof, is often determined in no small part to injuries. Depth is the only insurance policy that can somewhat negate injuries. Many posters keep putting Philly on a very lofty perch as the elite team to beat in the NFC. While that position can be defended are you really that scared of Philly if Donovan McNabb, or T.O., or both are sidelined by injury? What about a dose of injury to Westbrook, or the defensive secondary?

Dallas has more depth than it has had in some time. If we can be relatively healthy there is no reason we can't win the NFC. Our depth will probably allow us to still make a run at the NFC championship, if our losses aren't season ending, too numerous, or at positions of little depth.

Philly is beatable by us, as is EVERY other team in the NFL. Injuries could also close the gap between Philly and the rest of the NFC. With parity the way it is I think Philly had their chance last year and did not take advantage of it. I do NOT believe Philly win the NFC this year.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
I totally agree.It seems like several people here act like if we beat Philly then we have already won the Superbowl.Philly is just one team out of 15 others we must play before we can even think about the playoffs/superbowl.Don't get me wrong,I hate Philly as much as the next guy.Yes ,they are the team to beat.This is also a new year.Come on Cowboys!!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
First time we lost to philly we didn't have Jones or Glenn we lost by 28 points.

Second time we lost to philly we had Jones, but only lost by 5, losing in the 4th quarter.

The first time the Giants beat us, we lost by 16, we didn't have jones.

Second time the Giants beat us, we lost by 4.

There was only one blowout loss since we got jones back, and that was to baltimore the week jones came back. We lost in the second half completely. Vinny 0 tds, 2 interceptions, 109 yards passing... I blame vinny... tho bledsoe did even worse against the ravens... =/

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Verdict said:
Philly is beatable by us, as is EVERY other team in the NFL. Injuries could also close the gap between Philly and the rest of the NFC.

Or, further open the gap if the injuries come from Other opponent teams. But you are right about injuries -- they are dreaded by all NFL teams. Injuries are like the "X" factor -- no one wants injuries to be the deciding factor because surprisingly enough ...while the game is violent, none of the players are trying to take oppoents out for the sake of injury only.

Hence, something is very wrong with factoring-in injuries to "close the gap." How about some basic football to win games and close gaps. Sure the Eagles are beatable -- but then so is everyone else.

Listen at this premature point it doesn't make much sense to take anything any team fandom says too seriously. Why don't you let your people talk to my people ...they'll work it out!

Good luck to your team!

Verdict

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Or, further open the gap if the injuries come from Other opponent teams. But you are right about injuries -- they are dreaded by all NFL teams. Injuries are like the "X" factor -- no one wants injuries to be the deciding factor because surprisingly enough ...while the game is violent, none of the players are trying to take oppoents out for the sake of injury only.

Hence, something is very wrong with factoring-in injuries to "close the gap." How about some basic football to win games and close gaps. Sure the Eagles are beatable -- but then so is everyone else.

Listen at this premature point it doesn't make much sense to take anything any team fandom says too seriously. Why don't you let your people talk to my people ...they'll work it out!

Good luck to your team!

While it is true that injuries could widen the gap or close a gap between two teams, there is more to the issue than that. We will play the Eagles twice this year. The health of the Eagles team across all 16 games will be more relevant than just the two games we play each other. The Eagles could sweep the Cowboys series and still finish below us in the standings if they suffer some injuries when they play other teams.

Arguably both Dallas (Julius Jones) and Buffalo (McGehee) would have been playoff teams had they had their starting running backs healthy. This is an example of what I was referring to.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Verdict said:
The health of the Eagles team across all 16 games will be more relevant than just the two games we play each other. The Eagles could sweep the Cowboys series and still finish below us in the standings if they suffer some injuries when they play other teams.

You don't have to tell me that -- we learned that lesson very well last year when Roy injured T.O. just before we entered into the playoffs.

Point taken.