Injuries may kill Cowboys playoff chances

sportsman

Reaction score
Cowboys can't make the playoffs without a healthy Barber. He is that important to the offense. December and January is the time the running game becomes your best weapon. I'm sure he will be on the field on Sunday. But if he isn't 100% Steelers will have a major advantage. Romo will feel pressure he hasn't felt all year.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
sportsman;2458229 said:
Romo will feel pressure he hasn't felt all year.

The Steelers will also be feeling the type of pressure they haven't felt all year. This is a heavyweight fight.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
sportsman;2458229 said:
Cowboys can't make the playoffs without a healthy Barber. He is that important to the offense. December and January is the time the running game becomes your best weapon. I'm sure he will be on the field on Sunday. But if he isn't 100% Steelers will have a major advantage. Romo will feel pressure he hasn't felt all year.

Boy,:( With all due respect, This post and most from you are kinda negative & depressing.

Just my observation.;):)

Boysboy

Reaction score
sportsman;2458229 said:

OK-let's talk about the '09 draft from here on out. What prized FAs will be out there as well?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Why even bother showing up to play this game? Just go ahead and hand the Steelers the win.

Deep_South

Reaction score
In a way, I like the way this season has evolved. With the last 4 games being so tough, it would appear that in order for the Cowboys to make it into the playoffs, they will have to be playing good enough to win it all.

So, starting Sunday we'll see what we're made of, and I think the Steelers aren't going to be happy when they find out. If they want revenge after the game, they will need to make it to Tampa, which is where the Boys should end up. You gotta believe.

:starspin :starspin :starspin
:steelers: :steelers: :steelers:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nake;2458381 said:
In a way, I like the way this season has evolved. With the last 4 games being so tough, it would appear that in order for the Cowboys to make it into the playoffs, they will have to be playing good enough to win it all.

So, starting Sunday we'll see what we're made of, and I think the Steelers aren't going to be happy when they find out. If they want revenge after the game, they will need to make it to Tampa, which is where the Boys should end up. You gotta believe.

I mostly agree, but also wish that the team hadn't dug itself such a deep hole and leave itself very little room for error getting to the playoffs. Unlike last season, every game during December matters. That's the type of mentality which could take this team far in the postseason, but it has to take care of business first.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
if we lose cause of injuries we are weak and soft and dont deserve the playoffs.

Pittsburgh is still mauling people and Ben has been hurt all year. They cant keep a RB healthy. They have had a few defensive players hurt during the year, notably in their secondary.

The Colts have dealt with a lot of injuries and they are still in the thick of the playoff hunt.

The Pats lost Tom Brady and a few other players and are still playing for the Division Title.

Denver has been gashed by injuries as well...and they are looking to win their Division.

So there is no excuse. Either you win or you don't....if you want it bad enough....the players that play need to nut up or shut up.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Biggems;2458398 said:
if we lose cause of injuries we are weak and soft and dont deserve the playoffs.

Pittsburgh is still mauling people and Ben has been hurt all year. They cant keep a RB healthy. They have had a few defensive players hurt during the year, notably in their secondary.

The Colts have dealt with a lot of injuries and they are still in the thick of the playoff hunt.

The Pats lost Tom Brady and a few other players and are still playing for the Division Title.

Denver has been gashed by injuries as well...and they are looking to win their Division.

So there is no excuse. Either you win or you don't....if you want it bad enough....the players that play need to nut up or shut up.

Great points.

The Broncos are down to their fifth running back. :eek:

And you forgot to mention Tampa Bay, which lost Ernest Graham for the year, the Cardinals who don't really have a running game and the Skins who are playing with a hobbled Clinton Portis.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
the thing i hate the most is that if we lose, we are again the worst team in football...we only beat crappy teams (Seattle,SF) and we dont deserve the playoffs....SKY FALLING...

on the other hand if we win, we are superbowl bound...the best team in football....we are going undefeated the rest of the way....

GEEZ.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Biggems;2458398 said:

I agree-the last 2 years, we were THE MOST healthiest team in the league, but we ended up getting kicked in the teeth by the likes of the Lions in Dec.

Yes-NO excuses.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;2458398 said:

:clap2:

You do know that some may read your post and say that the team has zero chance if _____________ [fill in the blank with player(s)] is hurt, right?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;2458426 said:
:clap2:

You do know that some may read your post and say that the team has zero chance if _____________ [fill in the blank with player(s)] is hurt, right?
I think it's been proven that that statement definitely applies to one player. But yes, he made an overall good post.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I think Barber will play but his carries will be limited. I think Choice just might surprise us a bit.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
nake;2458381 said:

I like!!!!!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
kojak;2458436 said:
I think Barber will play but his carries will be limited. I think Choice just might surprise us a bit.

Just as long as he stays in enough plays to pick up the blitzes, I'll be happy.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Let's see:

Steelers' horrible Oline vs Cowboys Top 10 defense / #2 ranked pass rush

OR

Dallas' solid Oline vs Steelers' Top 10 defense / #1 ranked pass rush

I'll take Dallas.

sportsman;2458229 said:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jamesdojr;2458452 said:
Let's see:

Steelers' horrible Oline vs Cowboys Top 10 defense / #2 ranked pass rush

OR

Dallas' solid Oline vs Steelers' Top 10 defense / #1 ranked pass rush

I'll take Dallas.

Tony Romo >>> Big Ben