Twitter: Insane Dan Bailey stat

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Where is Dan Bailey now?

Bailey played for the Minnesota Vikings following his departure from the Cowboys in 2017 and put together two modest seasons–before getting cut in 2021 after posting the lowest-field goal percentage of his career (68.2%). He's also currently a free agent.Sep 6, 2022

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Such a mental aspect for kickers......time to think on the sidelines plays with the mind.

I think a comparison is golfers putting game that can derail a career as it gets in their head. Jordan Speith (although he seems back) is a prime example as he looked like a world beater for a couple of years then boom, nothing as he couldn't hole a thing.

NFL kickers basically need to hole "10-15 foot putts" to make a living and its all in the head.

ghst187

Reaction score
He was great for a time. Sadly he cost OK St a shot at a championship in college missing against Iowa state.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He was great for a time. Sadly he cost OK St a shot at a championship in college missing against Iowa state.
when dallas played GB in 2014 div game he missed a short fg before the half that would have put dallas ahead 17-7
he missed it from 45 wide right dallas had false start , so he kicked again from 50 and missed to the right again..
that was his only playoff game with dallas, so maybe not so good in big games.

ghst187

Reaction score
when dallas played GB in 2014 div game he missed a short fg before the half that would have put dallas ahead 17-7
he missed it from 45 wide right dallas had false start , so he kicked again from 50 and missed to the right again..
that was his only playoff game with dallas, so maybe not so good in big games.
Yep, that series was also on Garrett, who should’ve ran the ball on 3rd and a bit over a yard. Murray hadn’t been stopped for less than 3 yard gains all game. We pass, incomplete, stops clock, penalty, fg miss. GB scores, different game. If we had ran the ball, we probably get the first down, go on to melt the clock and probably score a TD. Game is all but over.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep, that series was also on Garrett, who should’ve ran the ball on 3rd and a bit over a yard. Murray hadn’t been stopped for less than 3 yard gains all game. We pass, incomplete, stops clock, penalty, fg miss. GB scores, different game. If we had ran the ball, we probably get the first down, go on to melt the clock and probably score a TD. Game is all but over.
good points. as I was watching it yesterday, I thought they should have run, also in red zone they went all pass and didnt get the td.

ghst187

Reaction score
good points. as I was watching it yesterday, I thought they should have run, also in red zone they went all pass and didnt get the td.
Or I don’t know, it’s possible a run play was called and Romo audibled to a pass…