Video: Inside Michael Irvin's brain. buckle up

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I can't see anything because of the mountains of cocaine and ghetto strippers.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Aikman had so much confidence in Irvin that he would throw the ball his direction

EST_1986

Reaction score
I hated him in college - never cared for "The U" - but he won me over quickly once he donned the star.

His A Football Life story on NFLN is great. He earned everything he got, knows he almost blew it, but grew to be a better man.
If he lived in this era he wouldn’t have been given the chance for the redemption story, mostly from this bunch in here…

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
One of my favorite people.... not only as a Cowboy, but simply love watching this guy on Sundays.

IMO the heart and soul of that team. He was always the first to congratulate a teammate after a score, even when he wasn't in the game. Troy called him the ultimate teammate. Troy QUICKLY corrected Buck when he compared TO to Mike after a sideline hissyfit. Or was it Dez? It was one of them.

He's a cool dude and very approachable too. Love the interview. He's a bit calmer here than most interviews I've seen.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IMO the heart and soul of that team. He was always the first to congratulate a teammate after a score, even when he wasn't in the game. Troy called him the ultimate teammate. Troy QUICKLY corrected Buck when he compared TO to Mike after a sideline hissyfit. Or was it Dez? It was one of them.

He's a cool dude and very approachable too. Love the interview. He's a bit calmer here than most interviews I've seen.

How many guys have you seen on TV that get all fired up like Mike... but it is so forced and so fake. Mike never is fake. His passion is simply off the charts. Im actually a lot like him. I can be discussing a myriad of issues, and I get louder and louder..... because Im passionate about the issue. Mike is passionate about the Cowboys..... there is simply nothing he can do to hide it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
One of the best WRs of all time.
One of the best broadcasters of all time? I think so, but he’s clearly one of or the best in studio guys right now.

Maverick84

Reaction score
If he lived in this era he wouldn’t have been given the chance for the redemption story, mostly from this bunch in here…
CZ has no bearing on any person's redemption arc, outside of offering opinions but I mean, people had those in the 90s too..

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Mike is passionate about the Cowboys..... there is simply nothing he can do to hide it.

Its too bad the current team doesn't have this level of passion. Different age and group of athletes with different priorities.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Fun Fact.
Michael Irvin never failed an NFL administered drug test in over 1500 attempts. The man is Cowboys royalty.

It is so easy to pass the test as long as you are not in the program. You get tested once a league year. All that is already done for this year and they can party hard from the day that get tested until next league year.

You just have to be able to stop at the new league year until you are tested. If you cannot you have an obvious dependency issue and need help.

Irvin for all the depravity that he enjoyed maintained that level of control. He could turn it off.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
One of my favorite people.... not only as a Cowboy, but simply love watching this guy on Sundays.

Legend has it he still drives around at night looking for a dumpster to rid his friend of a crack pipe. And gives free rides to women from motels.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Irvin was always among the first to get onto the field and the last to leave. He was a demon in practice, never wanting to rest until the final whistle. I never saw a player who seemed to enjoy practice more than he did, while imploring other players to work hard. He was, forever, a natural leader. Yes, he also had his faults but the good outweighed the bad by a country mile. Here's hoping a handful of our rookies adhere to his work ethic.

Last edited:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It is so easy to pass the test as long as you are not in the program. You get tested once a league year. All that is already done for this year and they can party hard from the day that get tested until next league year.

You just have to be able to stop at the new league year until you are tested. If you cannot you have an obvious dependency issue and need help.

Irvin for all the depravity that he enjoyed maintained that level of control. He could turn it off.
Over 1500 times doesn't equal once a year