Inside The NFL....Funny comment by Sapp

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I haven't watched inside the NFL in like 9 or 10 years, but I turned it on earlier and I'm just tickled to death that I did.

They had a segment where Chris Collinworth and Phil Simms read some emailed questions for Warren Sapp to answer.

I am not making this up, this was and actual question....

Emailer: Warren Sapp, I read that Keyshawn Johnson is getting his own interior decerating show on A&E, will you be watching?

Warren Sapp: Looks at the Camera, and I quote....

" Keyshawn, I always knew you were a ***** . "

He called him a name that you would refer to a female dog.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WARREN SAPP CALLS KEYSHAWN JOHNSON “A *****”
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 12, 2008, 7:11 p.m.

On this week’s installment of Showtime’s Inside the NFL, Warren Sapp uses some rather colorful language to describe his former teammate, Keyshawn Johnson.

Sapp was asked during the show’s “Ask Warren Anything” segment whether he would watch Johnson’s reality show about interior design.

Per NFL.com, Sapp answered, “Me, watch Keyshawn on an interior decorating show? Keyshawn, I knew you were a *****. And thanks for making it all clear.”

Wow.

Sapp and Johnson were Tampa Bay Buccaneers teammates from 2000 to 2003. This is far from the first time Sapp has criticized Johnson; he has previously referred to him as a “malcontent” and has assessed Keyshawn’s skills as a wide receiver by saying, “Keyshawn said, ‘Give me the damn ball,’ and he averaged 8 yards a catch. That’s not even a first down! . . . I watched him work. I watched him come out of the huddle and go the wrong way.”

But Sapp hasn’t previously used such colorful language to describe Johnson. At least not publicly.

Sapp also addressed the reports that he’s making a pain of himself on Dancing With The Stars.

“I’ll tell you what,” Sapp said. “I have to be honest about the diva thing. I am a little eccentric at times. I like cold water and in California they like it room temperature. And as a 300-pound man I needed a little cold water. So they gave me a big cooler and they put “Warren’s Water,” so I guess that’s where they get that from. If a big fella needing cold water is being a diva, then diva I am.”

But apparently Sapp thinks it’s better to be a diva than a *****.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this...but I didn't even know Sapp and Keyshawn were on such bad terms. Was there something big that I didn't know about or is this all about the issue that got Key deactivated in Tampa Bay?

Also cause either I don't remember, or I never heard, what got Key Deactivated there exactly?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415426 said:
Warren Sapp was one of my favorite players he goes overboard sometimes though

This was not one of those times, imo. Johnson is a "you know what".

StylisticS

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415426 said:
Warren Sapp was one of my favorite players he goes overboard sometimes though

Well right here, the truth hurts. I love it.:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
As someone said to me last night, it's kind of funny coming from a guy who is dancing with the stars these days.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;2415722 said:
As someone said to me last night, it's kind of funny coming from a guy who is dancing with the stars these days.

That show grates on me. I can't watch it at all. I will say one thing though, of all the NFL guys they've had, I think Sapp is the best personality they've had.

I briefly watched Emmitt and Rice and immediately wanted to blow chunks. :puke: Sapp and his fun personality makes it a bit more entertaining.

I still can't watch it though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;2415727 said:
That show grates on me. I can't watch it at all. I will say one thing though, of all the NFL guys they've had, I think Sapp is the best personality they've had.

I briefly watched Emmitt and Rice and immediately wanted to blow chunks. :puke: Sapp and his fun personality makes it a bit more entertaining.

I still can't watch it though.
I've never seen even one episode in any season. The closest I come is when Sportscenter shows some replay footage.

Temo

Reaction score
See, this is why "Inside the NFL" needed to continue and I'm so glad Showtime picked it up.

It's the only show where NFL personalities can truely be themselves and use the "adult language" they would anywhere else. PG-rated shows are fine, whatever. But you need some real shows too. NFL films gets close to that with their "sounds of the game", but not close enough.

After all, without 'Hard Knocks', we would never know how the Offensive lineman really felt about Bobbie Carpenter, you know?