Insider: Monday's buzz: Adeyanju, Norwood surprise scouts

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
With Jerry saying no OL in the first round, it probably is a waste of time to talk about McNeil. Of course it could be a smokescreen, but the liklihood is that the OL is probably going to get shored up in FA.

he never said that, didn't even imply it, just said that an OT could be taken in the 2nd round

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Saftey was what I was looking for there but then Landry didnt come out the bastid :)

as for ILB I havent given up hope on burnett :(

At OLB yes speedy sideline to sideline is needed but he has to have pass rush skills to compliment Ware otherwise teams will continue to double Wares side

see sig

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Two separate NFL scouts said they would draft Cutler ahead of USC's Matt Leinart and Texas' Vince Young.

Forget about Cutler being around at 18

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
he never said that, didn't even imply it, just said that an OT could be taken in the 2nd round

actually Summer Jones pretty much said what I been saying all along that we wouldnt take Oline in rd 1

Jones said the Cowboys would likely look at a lineman after the first round.

"Obviously these offensive linemen need to be looked at," Jones said. "Especially any time we can look at one, not the first [pick] but maybe later."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
actually Summer Jones pretty much said what I been saying all along that we wouldnt take Oline in rd 1

Jones said the Cowboys would likely look at a lineman after the first round.

"Obviously these offensive linemen need to be looked at," Jones said. "Especially any time we can look at one, not the first [pick] but maybe later."

D'OH! forget I ever said that

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Agreed.

I also took notice of this...

• Ferguson stood out as clearly the most agile offensive lineman the North roster today. However, Ohio State OC Nick Mangold turned in the most impressive overall performance. Mangold has adequate size and feet to go along with his outstanding technique and explosive power. He is polished and should be ready to start as a rookie in the NFL.

Although I still like the idea of possibly getting Bentley.

you remember that old Deion-Jerry commercial.

I want BOTH!

lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I don't think the selection of possible "first round" offensive line talent is going to be as great as everyone thinks. I don't see any tackle available at #18 who's going to knock my socks off.
just run up to them and tell em there fat then see if they knock your socks off:) lol.

ol are never sexy but the best 2 OLs in footballl are playing in the Super Bowl.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
jterrell said:
just run up to them and tell em there fat then see if they knock your socks off:) lol.

ol are never sexy but the best 2 OLs in footballl are playing in the Super Bowl.

I had not looked at it that way but IMO your right they are the two best and have invested early picks in that line both with 2 first round picks on there lines funny how that works.;)