Insider: Monday's buzz: Adeyanju, Norwood surprise scouts

TheHustler

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yeah, I could have sworn I heard that he had hit someone late prior to this incident.

Not sure though. ESPN the Magazine had a really good feature story on Marcus Vick a couple of issues ago.

His brother said he thinks that he really spoiled the hell out of him too much and he became complacent and felt he was entitled to things.

I know one thing, Clarett and Vick are going to find out how true the old saying is, "You never really know what you have until it is taken away from you".

I think Terrell Owens found this out too..

- Mike G.

The sad thing is, unless he goes to jail, he's always going to be living it up off big brother.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Are there any FS that project to mid-late first or even top 15 that may slide. If we go defense, I am wanting a real FS.

Here is a list of the top Free Safeties Per Mel Kiper

Safeties
1. Michael Huff, Texas
2. Ko Simpson, South Carolina (Junior)
3. Donte Whitner, Ohio State (Junior)
4. Darnell Bing, USC (Junior)
5. Anthony Smith, Syracuse
5a. Danieal Manning, Abilene Christian (Junior)
5b. Bernard Pollard, Purdue (Junior)
5c. Dwayne Slay, Texas Tech
5d. Daniel Bullocks, Nebraska

I did some research on the Kid from from Abilene Christian. Could be a steal. He was highly recruited by some big colleges, like Nebraska but for some reason chose ACU (never got the full story).

Here is a snippet of some big time schools trying to get his services:

Originally signed with Nebraska in February 2001 as one of the top defensive backs in the nation. However, he never enrolled at Nebraska, instead enrolling at ACU in January 2002. A three-year starter at Corsicana, he led the 9-4 club to a regional final appearance as a senior in 2000 by recording 67 tackles, three interceptions (two returned for scores), five fumble recoveries (one for a touchdowns), 10 pass breakups and three blocked kicks. He was named second team all-state by both the Associated Press and Texas Sports Writers Association. He was ranked the 117th-best player in the Southwest by SuperPrep, and as the 16th-best cornerback in the nation by Rivals.com. He was recruited by Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Arkansas and Alabama.

http://www.acu.edu/sports/football/player_bios/manning_d_bio.html

He goes about 6-0 and is about 205 Lbs.

Manning, who will train in Houston, is considered to be a first-day draft prospect, meaning he would go in one of the top four rounds.

This is a quote from that same link above. I know I read something by Mel on this guy, but cant remember where I read it.

Man, this guy could be a major steal imo at Free Safety.

Slay could be availalbe, but there are some big questions about his coverage Skills and we need that at Safety like we need another Tight End :rolleyes: .

- Mike G.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
If scouts are saying they'd take Cutler ahead of Young and Leinart, we have no shot. How about first two picks on OL... McNeil 1st, Mangold 2nd, then Bullocks if he drops to us 3rd.

Cutler to Dallas was never a serious proposition thanks to you-know-who.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
The sad thing is, unless he goes to jail, he's always going to be living it up off big brother.

Yep.

Big Vick said he bout the guy a brand new ride had him at Atlanta Games with great seats and did alot of other things to really spoil the kid.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
With Jerry saying no OL in the first round, it probably is a waste of time to talk about McNeil. Of course it could be a smokescreen, but the liklihood is that the OL is probably going to get shored up in FA.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
With Jerry saying no OL in the first round, it probably is a waste of time to talk about McNeil. Of course it could be a smokescreen, but the liklihood is that the OL is probably going to get shored up in FA.

I would not mind seeing Dallas make a move for Runyan or L.J. Shelton but I also would not dismiss drafting a lineman or 2 in this draft.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
• Fifty feet from Wendy's is Diamonds exclusive Mens Club. It has a marquee welcoming Senior Bowl coaches and players. I may check it out tonight to see who's there that shouldn't be there. Strictly business, of course, for you cynics.

Posted by Jean-Jacques Taylor at 12:06 PM (E-mail this entry)

Take plenty of dollar bills...lol....So this is how you get reporting done..Wow I wonder if the Morning News is taking applications.....:lmao2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Is mangold considered a second or third rdr? I would try and trade Johnson and get Mangold.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
• Fifty feet from Wendy's is Diamonds exclusive Mens Club. It has a marquee welcoming Senior Bowl coaches and players. I may check it out tonight to see who's there that shouldn't be there. Strictly business, of course, for you cynics.

Posted by Jean-Jacques Taylor at 12:06 PM (E-mail this entry)

Take plenty of dollar bills...lol....So this is how you get reporting done..Wow I wonder if the Morning News is taking applications.....:lmao2:

You don't want that job. You might get...gasp....a cold french fry!

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
It's scary how one site can say someone like McNeil is dominating while another claims he's the worst lineman there.

I wouldn't believe this site simply because Blackmun looked embarrassingly bad.
On the radio coming in to work this morning 610 in Houston had a guy at yesterdays practice and he said Mcneil looked terrible also. I find it hilarious how people can read a couple of positives about some of these prospects and start gushing about wanting them on the team.:laugh2:

maloy

Drama King
Reaction score
junk said:
Holy cow, JJT. Why don't you hook up with Peter King and you two can commiserate about how bad it is for you? Nice job wasting a national forum with some whining.

Have fun watching football while the rest of us work for a living.

Another hater. Don't hate, you chose your profession, don't be mad you can't watch football for a living.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
maloy said:
Another hater. Don't hate, you chose your profession, don't be mad you can't watch football for a living.

from reading some JJT articles i dont think he watches much football either

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the selection of possible "first round" offensive line talent is going to be as great as everyone thinks. I don't see any tackle available at #18 who's going to knock my socks off.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I don't think the selection of possible "first round" offensive line talent is going to be as great as everyone thinks. I don't see any tackle available at #18 who's going to knock my socks off.

Question is what pass rush LB at 18 does knock your socks off

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5 said:
Question is what pass rush LB at 18 dopes knock your socks off

Honestly I'm not looking for a pass rush LB at 18.

I'd much rather have either:

A. A somewhat agile/speedy OLB- that can go from sideline to sideline.
B. A somewhat agile/speedy ILB.
C. A coverage safety.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
It's Terrence Whitehead.

He's a bakcup..ive seen him play here the last 2 years. Good receiver, decent runner, good power, good blocker, just dont think he has the nessecary speed to suceed in the NFL though.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Honestly I'm not looking for a pass rush LB at 18.

I'd much rather have either:

A. A somewhat agile/speedy OLB- that can go from sideline to sideline.
B. A somewhat agile/speedy ILB.
C. A coverage safety.

Saftey was what I was looking for there but then Landry didnt come out the bastid :)

as for ILB I havent given up hope on burnett :(

At OLB yes speedy sideline to sideline is needed but he has to have pass rush skills to compliment Ware otherwise teams will continue to double Wares side

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Saftey was what I was looking for there but then Landry didnt come out the bastid :)

as for ILB I havent given up hope on burnett :(

At OLB yes speedy sideline to sideline is needed but he has to have pass rush skills to compliment Ware otherwise teams will continue to double Wares side

Burnett was a rookie with some injuries. people were ready to write of Brady James too, Parcells knows LB's, and I think that Burnett will turn out just fine.

Totally agree with the OLB assesment. That's what held our D back. We dont have hte ability to hide our 4th rusher because all know it's Ware. Get us another one, give ZImmer another year with the 3-4 and we shall see a huge difference.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Burnett was a rookie with some injuries. people were ready to write of Brady James too, Parcells knows LB's, and I think that Burnett will turn out just fine.

Totally agree with the OLB assesment. That's what held our D back. We dont have hte ability to hide our 4th rusher because all know it's Ware. Get us another one, give ZImmer another year with the 3-4 and we shall see a huge difference.

Thats how I feel as well :)