Instant replay...

ghst187

Reaction score
in a word....sucks

The game is winding down, one score separates two teams who have fought hard all game. The crowd is standing, the momentum is shifting, the offense is in a rhythm.....
SCREECH STOP....
5 minute break to review a play that was obviously called correctly on the field.
OR WORSE...
5 minute break to review, the ref finally comes back on the field, AND STILL MAKES A BAD CALL
OR WORSE...
5 minute break to review, the ref finally comes back on the field, AND OVERTURNS A GOOD CALL.

anyone else with me? I know its a necessary evil but man, they really kill the tension and fun of a game and sometimes momentum in the current format.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
in a word....sucks

The game is winding down, one score separates two teams who have fought hard all game. The crowd is standing, the momentum is shifting, the offense is in a rhythm.....
SCREECH STOP....
5 minute break to review a play that was obviously called correctly on the field.
OR WORSE...
5 minute break to review, the ref finally comes back on the field, AND STILL MAKES A BAD CALL
OR WORSE...
5 minute break to review, the ref finally comes back on the field, AND OVERTURNS A GOOD CALL.

anyone else with me? I know its a necessary evil but man, they really kill the tension and fun of a game and sometimes momentum in the current format.
Yes, I'm with you.

I've never liked it. If they are going to use it get the call right. I'd rather not use it and keep going than to stop everything while they get it wrong.