Interesting Cowboys stats

TheHerd

Reaction score
PaulH1083;2445211 said:
3-4 DE's don't generally create much pressure as it is. You would think that Spears, Johnson, and Hatcher would have at least managed a sack by now though.

I hate this argument. On the other 304 defenses - NE, Pitt, SD - the DEs provide plenty of pressure, disrupt the running lanes, and contribute heavily. Our DEs are just plain not that great.

Section446

Reaction score

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our DL is overrated. Mostly by us fans.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/SACKSRANK.jpg​

Fans should take sack stats in context with the type of defense being played in mind.​

Mansta54

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2445226 said:
thats really pathetic. it's amazing how ware still gets sacks.

Dude you think everything is pathetic and spread your negativity whenever possible. If there's a chance for you to take a negative jab at the team, you do it. Your act is old and yes, PATHETIC.... Do us all a favor and go route for some other team....

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dallas could easily have another 7-8 sacks if the players could wrap up and finish plays.

Lots of missed chances on QBs this season.

Could probably say the same for a lot of teams but I know Dallas has missed quite a few.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;2445833 said:
Dallas could easily have another 7-8 sacks if the players could wrap up and finish plays.

Could probably say the same for a lot of teams but I know Dallas has missed quite a few.
Very good point. Poor tackling has hurt us in both the sacks department and preventing long, first down conversions via the run and the pass also.

Section446

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2445833 said:

True, Ware would be leading the league right now had he gotten a sack every time he touched McNabb in the first game vs. the Eagles. He must have missed four sacks in that game.

Spectre

Reaction score
Jay Ratliff has 6 sacks and 3 passes batted down.

Go figure, our 7th rounder has outplayed all those drafted higher than him on the d-line.

This team sucks at drafting defense. And never drafts enough offense for me to know about that.

Brad0Walker

Reaction score
A 3-4 DE is designed to be a big run stopper, almost a DT in the 4-3. The LB's, especially the OLB's get the most sacks in the 3-4. The front three always rush but you dont know where the 4th rusher will come from, it confuses the OL. The DE get doubled quite often on the side the 4th rusher is not coming from. I played OL in college and i hated going against the 3-4. The giants DE could not play DE in our system. I am tired of hearing how we should go out and get new DE b/c they dont sack the QB like the giants. :bang2:

Look how many sacks the Giants OLB's get compared to ware and ellis. Spears is an excellent run stopper, although i'm not sure 1st rd pick worthy. Ratliff is really the exception. He is a 4-3 DE and a lot smaller than the prototypical NG. I think our d-lineman are good where they are now and dont need to move around. We could use an upgrade, but we cant be thinking that a 4-3 DE pass rusher could come in and do good in this system.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2445226 said:
thats really pathetic. it's amazing how ware still gets sacks.

you know it might just be because other guys that people routinely throw under the bus here are actually doing a decent job

just because they dont have the sack numbers doesnt mean they are invisible

Reaction score
dmq;2445204 said:
Marcus Spears- 0 sacks
Tank Johnson- 0 Sacks
Jason Hatcher- 0 sacks
Chris Canty- 2 sacks

Anthoney Spencer- 1 sack (this is the guy that can't be covered in practice?)
Greg Ellis- 4 sacks (downside of career)

Felix Jones- 8.9 a carry. God I miss this guy.

Henry and Newman = 2 ints

I threw Jones in because I just miss the guy, but my thought is that if we can get a little more production from a few of these guys, we could get this team on a roll.

care to update the stats :laugh2: