Interesting: Ken Hamlin vs. Giants

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Ken Hamlin had 3 INT's last year...2 of which came against the Giants, and both led to TD's. This was the 3rd game of the season (Manning's early season "hot-streak"). He also had 2 PD's which tied for his season's highs (multiple). Also 4 tackles. Hamlin only played against the Giants one time in his career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6378/gamelog

Interesting tidbits are in the below snips from the article:

A: Manning's initial mistake was not seeing Ken Hamlin lurking behind Plaxico Burress on New York's third play, after the Giants' Corey Webster had outfought Jackson for an interception to begin the game. Hamlin jumped in front of Burress, intercepted Manning's pass and returned it 37 yards to the New York 15.

Two plays later, Alexander scored on a 2-yard run. Alexander played only three quarters and gained 47 yards on 20 carries -- his third consecutive sub-100 yard day.

B: Manning's next error was a looping toss intended for Amani Toomer, who was briefly open on a corner route. Hamlin, roving in the middle of the field, raced under the pass and returned his second interception of the period 26 yards to the New York 27.
That became a 21-0 lead four plays later, when Hasselbeck found Jackson for an easy, 4-yard touchdown pass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...=200609 24026

With our secondary woes as of late, I'm hoping Hamlin can repeat a similar performance. No doubt he'll have his hands full, but his play will be a key part in this upcoming game, whether it be vocal or statistical. I'm hoping on both. I'm confident he'll step to the plate.:starspin

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
I think signing Hamlin was one of our best offseason moves, I hope he plays well for us.

Nav22

Reaction score
"Terrence" is misspelled in your sig (it's Terence).

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Nav22;1622162 said:
"Terrence" is misspelled in your sig (it's Terence).

Not sure why, and hes my favorite current Cowboy, but I always thought it was Terrence as well. I googled him and found it spelt both ways. But the official NFL.com page has Terence. So I guess it is Terence. Good catch and correct there.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Ashwynn;1622296 said:
Not sure why, and hes my favorite current Cowboy, but I always thought it was Terrence as well. I googled him and found it spelt both ways. But the official NFL.com page has Terence. So I guess it is Terence. Good catch and correct there.

:laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nothing new, really. There are quite a few defensive players that have had great days against Eli Manning. In fact, there's usually one or two every week that have a good game against him. ;)

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I hope and do believe that Hamlin will be a big help to this Defense..