Interesting Mock Scenario (FOR FUN)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I was the Cowboys GM in a mock draft on another board and I have to say, I'm pretty happy. Not only are the trades realistic but I think I should have Jerrys job! Follow close because the trading can get confusing but it's interesting and please remember, this was just for fun.......;)

**Went into this mock with assumption Dallas would have the #52 from the NY Jets**

Here's how it went down:

1. Dallas acquired Pick #42(480pts) in round 2 and Roscoe Parrish from the Buffalo Bills for pick #51(390pts) in round 2 and pick #69(245pts) in round 3

2. Pick #42 Dallas selected WR Brian Robiskie Ohio St

3. Pick #52(380pts) in round 2 traded to the Detroit Lions for #65(265pts) in round 3 and pick #82(180pts) in round 3.

4. Pick #65(265pts) in round 3 traded to Denver for #79(195pts) in round 3 and #104(86pts) in round 4

5. Pick #79 Dallas selected FS Rashad Johnson Alabama

6. Pick #82 Dallas selected OLB Jason Williams W. Illinois

7. Dallas traded DE Greg Ellis to the Carolina Panthers for pick #128 in Round 4

8. Pick #101 traded to the Saints for a second round pick in 2010 and #222 in round 7

9. Pick #114 Dallas selected OG T.J. Lang Eastern Michigan

10. Pick #117 Dallas selected QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston St

11. Pick #128(44pts) in round 4 traded to the Chicago Bears for pick #149(31pts) in round 5 and the Bears 3rd round pick 2010

12. Pick #149 Dallas selects ILB Jason Phllips TCU

13. Pick #166 Dallas selects FB Tony Fiammetta Syracuse

14. Pick #172 Dallas selects CB Donald Washington Ohio St

15. Dallas acquires pick #187(17.6pts) in round 6 from Green Bay for pick #208(9.2pts) in round 7 and pick #210(8.4pts) in round 7

16. Pick #197 Dallas selects OT Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech

17. Dallas acquires pick #214(6.8pts) in round 7 from Miami for Pick #222(4.4pts) in round 7 and pick #227(3.7pts) in round 7

18. Pick #214 Dallas selects DT Roy Miller Texas

So Dallas would walk away from this draft with the following:

Players:
WR Roscoe Parrish

Picks:
WR Brian Robiskie Ohio St
FS Rashad Johnson Alabama
OLB Jason Williams W. Illinois
OG T.J. Lang E. Michigan
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston St
ILB Jason Phillips TCU
FB Tony Fiammetta Syracuse
CB Donald Washington Ohio St
OT Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech
NT Roy Miller Texas

Future Draft Picks:
Saints 2nd round in 2010
Bears 3rd round in 2010

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
WOW that's alot of wheelin n dealin!!

BTW..I like your mock in your sig..you might need to update with another 2nd rounder pretty soon lol. Who would you add with that 2nd?

SDogo

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2725989 said:
WOW that's alot of wheelin n dealin!!

BTW..I like your mock in your sig..you might need to update with another 2nd rounder pretty soon lol. Who would you add with that 2nd?

To be honest, I would add Duke Robinson at #52 and switch the Herman Johnson pick to either Derrick Williams, Juaquin Iglesias or Louis Murphy.

My other option would be Lawrence Sidbury but that would cause a whole new ripple of changes and require me to make a new mock. lol

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2726009 said:
To be honest, I would add Duke Robinson at #52 and switch the Herman Johnson pick to either Derrick Williams, Juaquin Iglesias or Louis Murphy.

My other option would be Lawrence Sidbury but that would cause a whole new ripple of changes and require me to make a new mock. lol

Or you could just combine those options. You could stand pat at #69 and take Sidbury and still take Phillips in the 4th.
Delmas
Duke
Sidbury
Phillips

see if the Bills want to part ways with Parrish for our 5th and still get Derrick Williams in the 5th.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2725965 said:
I was the Cowboys GM in a mock draft on another board and I have to say, I'm pretty happy. Not only are the trades realistic but I think I should have Jerrys job! Follow close because the trading can get confusing but it's interesting and please remember, this was just for fun.......;)

**Went into this mock with assumption Dallas would have the #52 from the NY Jets**

Here's how it went down:

1. Dallas acquired Pick #42(480pts) in round 2 and Roscoe Parrish from the Buffalo Bills for pick #51(390pts) in round 2 and pick #69(245pts) in round 3

2. Pick #42 Dallas selected WR Brian Robiskie Ohio St

3. Pick #52(380pts) in round 2 traded to the Detroit Lions for #65(265pts) in round 3 and pick #82(180pts) in round 3.

4. Pick #65(265pts) in round 3 traded to Denver for #79(195pts) in round 3 and #104(86pts) in round 4

5. Pick #79 Dallas selected FS Rashad Johnson Alabama

6. Pick #82 Dallas selected OLB Jason Williams W. Illinois

7. Dallas traded DE Greg Ellis to the Carolina Panthers for pick #128 in Round 4

8. Pick #101 traded to the Saints for a second round pick in 2010 and #222 in round 7

9. Pick #114 Dallas selected OG T.J. Lang Eastern Michigan

10. Pick #117 Dallas selected QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston St

11. Pick #128(44pts) in round 4 traded to the Chicago Bears for pick #149(31pts) in round 5 and the Bears 3rd round pick 2010

12. Pick #149 Dallas selects ILB Jason Phllips TCU

13. Pick #166 Dallas selects FB Tony Fiammetta Syracuse

14. Pick #172 Dallas selects CB Donald Washington Ohio St

15. Dallas acquires pick #187(17.6pts) in round 6 from Green Bay for pick #208(9.2pts) in round 7 and pick #210(8.4pts) in round 7

16. Pick #197 Dallas selects OT Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech

17. Dallas acquires pick #214(6.8pts) in round 7 from Miami for Pick #222(4.4pts) in round 7 and pick #227(3.7pts) in round 7

18. Pick #214 Dallas selects DT Roy Miller Texas

So Dallas would walk away from this draft with the following:

Players:
WR Roscoe Parrish

Picks:
WR Brian Robiskie Ohio St
FS Rashad Johnson Alabama
OLB Jason Williams W. Illinois
OG T.J. Lang E. Michigan
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston St
ILB Jason Phillips TCU
FB Tony Fiammetta Syracuse
CB Donald Washington Ohio St
OT Andrew Gardner Georgia Tech
NT Roy Miller Texas

Future Draft Picks:
Saints 2nd round in 2010
Bears 3rd round in 2010

would you be willing to switch Washington for Brice McCain? If yes, your mock would completely rock.

SDogo

Reaction score
Biggems;2726038 said:
would you be willing to switch Washington for Brice McCain? If yes, your mock would completely rock.

Yeah, I would have no issue with either guy, both would be good value there and we need to come out of this draft with at least one CB.

SDogo

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2726019 said:
Or you could just combine those options. You could stand pat at #69 and take Sidbury and still take Phillips in the 4th.
Delmas
Duke
Sidbury
Phillips

see if the Bills want to part ways with Parrish for our 5th and still get Derrick Williams in the 5th.

I think Williams will go some where in the middle to late 3rd round to be honest. Maybe slip into the 4th but I can't see him there in the 5th.

It's funny, I'm a PSU fan and although I like Derrick Williams I'm not sold on him but I get this funny feeling Dallas really likes him. I would rather have Butler in the 6th or 7th but.......

By the way, I like those first 4 you suggested as well. Maybe a bit more then my scenario.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2726059 said:
I think Williams will go some where in the middle to late 3rd round to be honest. Maybe slip into the 4th but I can't see him there in the 5th.

It's funny, I'm a PSU fan and although I like Derrick Williams I'm not sold on him but I get this funny feeling Dallas really likes him. I would rather have Butler in the 6th or 7th but.......

By the way, I like those first 4 you suggested as well. Maybe a bit more then my scenario.

with all the love for Mike Thomas on this board, I am surprised his name hasnt been brought up before this post.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2726068 said:
with all the love for Mike Thomas on this board, I am surprised his name hasnt been brought up before this post.

Him or Parrish would be my choices. Not both, so I went with Parrish. Mike Thomas would be fine though.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Biggems;2726038 said:

Or Ladarius Webb.

SDogo

Reaction score
BAT;2726247 said:
Or Ladarius Webb.

One of my favorites in this draft. On my short list of wishes. lol

Which mean he has no chance of being drafted by Dallas. It seems once every couple years they actually take some one I'm sitting there screaming for them to take. lol