Interesting nugget on the Bears drafting Roscon Johnson at 115

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They did 53 different mock drafts............I'm guessing this is the standard range for all NFL teams

I read a nugget where MM admitted he personally had done 30-35 ( can't remember the exact number ) mocks before the draft.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What exactly is the point of running 53 mock drafts? It's not like you're getting much more data from one to the next.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
What exactly is the point of running 53 mock drafts? It's not like you're getting much more data from one to the next.
From what I gather from the Cowboys they can just discuss who is on the board at the time so they learn who they would lean towards if that scenario happens during the real draft.

And I think it's really the first round they mock. This one the bears are talking about makes less sense.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
From what I gather from the Cowboys they can just discuss who is on the board at the time so they learn who they would lean towards if that scenario happens during the real draft.

And I think it's really the first round they mock. This one the bears are talking about makes less sense.
Well yea, you can guess who is going to be available.

But if you're diligent in sticking to your own board, that doesn't really matter all that much until the day of the draft.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

This.

I can see the value of mock drafts as practice situations for your front office, like what would you do if you were under the gun. But what is mock draft #53 going to teach you that mock draft #26 didn't?

John813

Reaction score
They probably used Madden 23 to simulate the draft 53 times

dogberry

Reaction score
I have a first round grade on Roger Staubach, but don’t think anyone will take him before the fifth round, what is the rational decision?

Is this more likely in later rounds?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same story with Lamb. In all the mocks the Cowboys did Lamb was never there at 17.

They truly had to pivot that night and throw out their own plans when the BPA dictated it.

That's always the way to go.

T-RO

Reaction score
What exactly is the point of running 53 mock drafts?
Lots of reasons:
-Because a single pick or two in the top 10 can change the entire draft.
-You get a feel for how to maximize your hit rate on targets
-Running many mocks or sims can start to surface statistical probabilities

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Without what happened in 2020. The Cowboys would not have had 3 All-Pro players. If there was a combine, I think Lamb, Diggs, and Parsons go higher then their draft spots. If Parsons played in 2020 he would have been a top 5 pick.