Interesting OL Stats

cnuball21

Reaction score
Per PFF:

Stacking up this 2024 OT class by PFF pass blocking stats (min. 200 snaps, reg+post)

Total Pressures Allowed
Joe Alt (12 games) - 5
Patrick Paul (12 games) - 9
Olu Fashanu (12 games) - 10
Christian Jones (13 games) - 11
Tyler Guyton (10 games) - 12
Taliese Fuaga (12 games) - 12
Kingsley Suamataia (11 games) - 13
Javon Foster (13 games) - 13
Jordan Morgan (12 games) - 14
JC Latham (14 games) - 14
Roger Rosengarten (15 games) - 15
Blake Fisher (12 games) - 15
Troy Fautanu (15 games) - 23

Pass Blocking Efficiency Rating
Joe Alt - 99.1
Patrick Paul - 98.9
Christian Jones - 98.8
Roger Rosengarten - 98.7
Olu Fashanu - 98.6
Javon Foster - 98.3
Jordan Morgan - 98.3
Taliese Fuaga - 98.2
Tyler Guyton - 98.2
JC Latham - 98.1
Troy Fautanu - 97.9
Kingsley Suamataia - 97.9
Blake Fisher - 97.4

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It tells us Alt is the best in the class, but a player like Paul perhaps is underrated. This list also is just pass protection, would like to see the run game efficiency as well.

RS12

Reaction score
ND schedule generally lacking. Most have Paul as day 2 without much fanfare. Pac12 finale was a tough conference last year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It tells us Alt is the best in the class, but a player like Paul perhaps is underrated. This list also is just pass protection, would like to see the run game efficiency as well.
Yea, Paul jumped out to me as someone I might be too low on.

Guytons numbers also very impressive.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Notice no Mims cause he didn't play enough snaps. The BYU Tackle also has good scores and he can be had in a trade back scenario.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what's the benchmark for pass-blocking efficiency for a 1st round linemen? I know for say 1st round DEs, you want to see a pressure rate around 20% or higher. What's a good number for OLs?

1942willys

Reaction score
ND schedule generally lacking. Most have Paul as day 2 without much fanfare. Pac12 finale was a tough conference last year.
So have you checked the schedule of the other tackles? Or just repeating the same old BS?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
How many LT prospects on that list ? I still think it’s Barton or JPJ if we go OL. My hope is that Murphy, Newton, or Verse are sitting there available and that’s the direction we go.

cnuball21

Reaction score
How many LT prospects on that list ? I still think it’s Barton or JPJ if we go OL. My hope is that Murphy, Newton, or Verse are sitting there available and that’s the direction we go.
I think a majority of them are…

I’d love Barton at 24 but JPJ is sliding due to medicals.

I’d take the DLmen you’ve listed over basically every realistic OLmen at 24.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think a majority of them are…

I’d love Barton at 24 but JPJ is sliding due to medicals.

I’d take the DLmen you’ve listed over basically every realistic OLmen at 24.
You think a majority of those guys are quality LT prospects ? I don’t. Guys like Paul and Kingsley are extremely raw. Athletic but technique is all over the place. Not all that different from Tyler Smith in that aspect. Where they fall woefully short is on power. Kingsley in particular. I see the athletic traits but both guys could absolutely be busts.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You think a majority of those guys are quality LT prospects ? I don’t. Guys like Paul and Kingsley are extremely raw. Athletic but technique is all over the place. Not all that different from Tyler Smith in that aspect. Where they fall woefully short is on power. Kingsley in particular. I see the athletic traits but both guys could absolutely be busts.
You mentioned Tyler Smith and a lot of these guys that are projected as raw 1st rounders are better prospects than he was…

I’m all for BPA at 24 but if it ends up being someone like Guyton I love his traits and will put some trust into the teams ability to hit on and develop OLmen.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Paul has looked like a solid early/mid 2nd, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes late 1st. I can see him having an Anthony Costanzo type career which was pretty good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pauls pass pro is supposed to far ahead of his run blocking. 36 inch arms though o_O

Malhavoc

Reaction score
You mentioned Tyler Smith and a lot of these guys that are projected as raw 1st rounders are better prospects than he was…

I’m all for BPA at 24 but if it ends up being someone like Guyton I love his traits and will put some trust into the teams ability to hit on and develop OLmen.
Guyton really scares me. Has the athletic traits and the size but man I come away thinking he plays a bit soft. Smith was all over the place with his technique but he had reps where he just embarrassed people with his power. This team knows how to draft OL in round 1. So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guyton really scares me. Has the athletic traits and the size but man I come away thinking he plays a bit soft. Smith was all over the place with his technique but he had reps where he just embarrassed people with his power. This team knows how to draft OL in round 1. So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Things with Smith are gonna show up in interviews that wont show up on tape. Like being a self starter. Got himself with Manyweather during the draft process and worked on alot of flaws before his first NFL camp

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Things with Smith are gonna show up in interviews that wont show up on tape. Like being a self starter. Got himself with Manyweather during the draft process and worked on alot of flaws before his first NFL camp
Yeah.. Smith is a monster.

RS12

Reaction score
So have you checked the schedule of the other tackles? Or just repeating the same old BS?
Well Fautanu at UW played two more games than everybody else, and played Oregon twice, Texas, Michigan, Latu from UCLA and Ellis from Utah, and Jackson Wash St. ND played Navy, Central Mi ,and Tennesee St, and managed to lose to Louisville.

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
One also has to look at the competition one plays against. Paul might not have played against the best competition. Still I would pick him on day 2. I like his potential