Interesting OL Stats

Carter

Reaction score
Guyton really scares me. Has the athletic traits and the size but man I come away thinking he plays a bit soft. Smith was all over the place with his technique but he had reps where he just embarrassed people with his power. This team knows how to draft OL in round 1. So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Guyton is also injury prone. Started only 12 games in 3 SEASONS and apparently has maturity concerns

Sounds like a typical Jerry pick.

Would hate the pick because some really good options will be there at 24 because of the run of QBs and WRs drafted early

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Guyton is also injury prone. Started only 12 games in 3 SEASONS and apparently has maturity concerns

Would hate the pick because some really good options will be there at 24 because of the run of QBs and WRs drafted early
Yikes!

I won't profess to know anything about what makes a good OL, but I know what makes a good professional. Injury prone + maturity concerns (if true) = bad prospect. I'd rather take a swing on the other, lower rated, unpolished tackles.

cnuball21

Reaction score

There have been zero legit sources that have questioned his maturity…

Sydla

Reaction score
Well Fautanu at UW played two more games than everybody else, and played Oregon twice, Texas, Michigan, Latu from UCLA and Ellis from Utah, and Jackson Wash St. ND played Navy, Central Mi ,and Tennesee St, and managed to lose to Louisville.
So I guess I am missing the point here. Are you suggesting Alt is overrated and his ranking is aided by what you deem is a weak schedule? That Fautanu is better?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Might be the most underrated OT in the draft.
Yeah, I think he could be a plug and play starting RT as a rookie. Moreso than Guyton or Mims would be.

Guyton and Mims may have more of a ceiling potential down the road at LT, but I also think they have more risks/question marks than Jones.

RS12

Reaction score
So I guess I am missing the point here. Are you suggesting Alt is overrated and his ranking is aided by what you deem is a weak schedule? That Fautanu is better?
No. Not saying Fautanu is better. Adding context to the stats. Merely pointing out in this statistical analysis that Fautanu gave up more pressure because he played more games and went against more future pros.

Last edited:

1942willys

Reaction score
Well Fautanu at UW played two more games than everybody else, and played Oregon twice, Texas, Michigan, Latu from UCLA and Ellis from Utah, and Jackson Wash St. ND played Navy, Central Mi ,and Tennesee St, and managed to lose to Louisville.
so his previous years matter not? Kind of stupid.

RS12

Reaction score
so his previous years matter not? Kind of stupid.
Me trying to give context to a bunch of stats not stupid at all. You trying to move the goal posts by bringing in other years....kind of stupid.

1942willys

Reaction score
Me trying to give context to a bunch of stats not stupid at all. You trying to move the goal posts by bringing in other years....kind of stupid.
not surprising you only think now is what is important; not a full career.