Interesting perspective from ES

sacase

Reaction score
I think this is in the right forum, I am not usually one to run to another site and say hey lookie here but this just stuck out as very odd.....so I will call it an ARTism:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I do not think it's a big deal to point a gun at someone just as I wouldn't think it's a big deal to point a pencil at someone. A gun isn't alive. It is harmless until the human uses it. Once the human uses it, it becomes something else. Showing it is not the same thing.

If one is in the commission of robbing someone, using a gun to facilitate a crime is something of a problem. Using a gun to scare some street thugs into giving you your sh!t back just isn't the same in my book.

And, that all assumes he had a gun and did that.

But, we've had this discussion. If you inherently think a gun is bad then you probably think this is bad. If you are rationale and thoughtful and realize a gun is just a piece of metal and, itself, is neither good nor evil, then you probably will allow yourself to realize the simple act of pointing it at someone isn't all that terrible.

Bang DOES make a good point about Florida laws on guns, as well. In any case, where this situation is now, I'm very comfortable in my view Taylor will skate very easily here.

I read this and I was like wow, he really doesn't understand if you pull a gun on someone and don't shoot them, chances are they are going to come back and try and get you, especially when you are dealing with REAL thugs. I learned along time ago never pull a gun on someone unless you are going to use it. BUt I guess this missed ART, perhaps this is the reason why DC doesn't allow guns inside the district.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...eadid=104785&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=3

[/font]

Duane

Reaction score
sacase said:
I think this is in the right forum, I am not usually one to run to another site and say hey lookie here but this just stuck out as very odd.....so I will call it an ARTism:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I do not think it's a big deal to point a gun at someone just as I wouldn't think it's a big deal to point a pencil at someone. A gun isn't alive. It is harmless until the human uses it. Once the human uses it, it becomes something else. Showing it is not the same thing.

If one is in the commission of robbing someone, using a gun to facilitate a crime is something of a problem. Using a gun to scare some street thugs into giving you your sh!t back just isn't the same in my book.

But, we've had this discussion. If you inherently think a gun is bad then you probably think this is bad. If you are rationale and thoughtful and realize a gun is just a piece of metal and, itself, is neither good nor evil, then you probably will allow yourself to realize the simple act of pointing it at someone isn't all that terrible.

Bang DOES make a good point about Florida laws on guns, as well. In any case, where this situation is now, I'm very comfortable in my view Taylor will skate very easily here.

I read this and I was like wow, he really doesn't understand if you pull a gun on someone and don't shoot them, chances are they are going to come back and try and get you, especially when you are dealing with REAL thugs. I learned along time ago never pull a gun on someone unless you are going to use it. BUt I guess this missed ART, perhaps this is the reason why DC doesn't allow guns inside the district.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...eadid=104785&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=3

[/font]

Another asinine post by Art, go figure.

You and I come from a similar gun background. I grew up with a lot of guns in the house but was told to never point a gun at anyone unless you're going to use it. And if you do use it, shoot to kill.

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, every time I see that Art guy post something, it is even more stupid than the last.

phildominator

Reaction score
Then I guess if Cuba points missiles at the United States, there's nothing wrong with that.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Where's that thread where Art claimed to have threatened a Boys fan last year in DC? That had me rolling :lmao2:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Guns arent legally allowed in DC, yet it has one of the highest murder rates in the country. There are plenty of guns in DC unfortunately.

That post was so over the top, I dont think anyone could defend such a comment outside of Art.

I agree with you guys. I was taught at a very young age, Dont point a weapon at someone unless you intend on using it, the dumbest thing you can do is threaten someone with a gun without intent, because when they retaliate they know you have the weapon and will be prepared.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
sacase said:

[/font]

Perhaps Art should consider that the State of Florida not only doesn't agree with him, they don't particularly care what he thinks about the subject...

Art probably wouldn't mind it if any member of the Commanders bent him over in the shower and rode him home, either...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Guns arent legally allowed in DC, yet it has one of the highest murder rates in the country. There are plenty of guns in DC unfortunately.

That post was so over the top, I dont think anyone could defend such a comment outside of Art.

I agree with you guys. I was taught at a very young age, Dont point a weapon at someone unless you intend on using it, the dumbest thing you can do is threaten someone with a gun without intent, because when they retaliate they know you have the weapon and will be prepared.

I respect that you hold the right opinion on that subject, but I'd suggest that you not express that opinion over there, or ol' Art will ban you... then you'd have to spend all your time hangin' out with us...

Now, if you DO express that opinion over there, make sure you wind up with a salutation that Art can recognize... something along the lines of "zieg heil, y'all"... :D

k19

Reaction score
Arts a moron. Always has been always will be. Thats right Art a gun is a piece of metal and is neither good nor bad. Thats why Taylor is being charged with violating the law and not the gun. Just remember guns dont kill people, idiots with guns do. Now how many people will read that and think of Art :D