Video: Interesting take on Awuzie

exciter

Reaction score
He screams and yells and looks intense. That's what the shallow folks on this board think is good.

Kids like you probably don't remember the "GROZ" crowd that was prominent on this board for many years. GROZ stood for "get rid of Zimmer." I wonder if we had hired Zimmer and given him the time to develop like we gave JG if we'd be in a different place these days. He likely wasn't going to be ready right out of the box (although he'd already been on HC interviews) but man he sure became a great leader.
He left in what Parcels 2nd 3rd year? Of coarse it wasn't long till many here wanted Parcels gone also! If I remember correctly many wanted a 34 coach to coach the 34 defense!

exciter

Reaction score
still a fan of Awuzie..think he's a good player.
Not sure what happened. He was good the 2nd half of last season. The Commanders didn't even throw at him the 2nd game this year, Miami lit him up a bit and he lost confidence!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He left in what Parcels 2nd 3rd year? Of coarse it wasn't long till many here wanted Parcels gone also! If I remember correctly many wanted a 34 coach to coach the 34 defense!

Zimmer wasn't retained after Parcells retired. He oversaw our move to the 3-4. He was the only D coordinator Parcells had here.

Why would you even bother to post without checking basic facts? Embarrassing.

exciter

Reaction score
Zimmer wasn't retained after Parcells retired. He oversaw our move to the 3-4. He was the only D coordinator Parcells had here.

Why would you even bother to post without checking basic facts? Embarrassing.
And that was the point of the question mark ? Lol!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This guy talks about the scheme and shows you how this team gives away its coverages and why these short passes are automatic first downs.

And im guilty of saying Awuzie is really bad. But watching this i can say im wrong.

I've said all season that the way they play Awuzie is the problem. He will be good or at least good enough in another scheme.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It all boils down to Garrett. I just don't think Garrett knows enough about football to have an idea how to improve the defense.

Thats because all he calls is a run dive up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs. Then pass on 3rd downs. When a defense has to practice against those types of schemes, you lose creativity and innovation. Garrett's style may have worked in the 90s. But it ain't working this time around. He is a modern-day Dodo bird that is about to go extinct.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
IMO Awuzie has regressed. He misses tackles & gets penalized a lot. Which could be a quick fix with proper coaching.

willia451

Reaction score
I've always thought Awuzie was a good football player. So this doesn't surprise me. It's Xavier Woods that has serious issues.

He looked absolutely lost in the Bears game.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Not saying y’all wrong but y’all always blame lack of production/progress on the coaches or scheme then Li and behold, here comes a contract season and all of a sudden, said player has overcome all of those AP call obstacles for a breakthrough season.

It’s about to be another Claiburne situation with Awuzie, watch he ball next season. It’s why I wish we could franchise Dak. I dispise players that only ball out in their contract years like I appreciate it but it just makes me even more skeptical and weary of said player

glimmerman

Reaction score
Things changed. Richard used to have them playing tighter and up on the line. Wonder what happened. Big change from his first year.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
We even have some posters that wants him to be promoted to head coach. IMO, all the coaches and even the water boys needs to be fired ten minutes after the final game of the season is over. I feel like Jerry will force Moore on the incoming coach though and maybe a couple others. It seems like no new coach can bring all of his own people.
If a new coach comes in and he wants all his own people, he will negotiate that before he starts. I would and I am not even a coach. If Jerry doesn't agree, you don't take the job.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Garrett somehow, someway saves his job...................... the defensive staff still should be totally purged.