Interesting that many think 5 INTs defines Romo

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Many in the media and other fan boards all point to Romo's 5 INTs as why he is overrated. Like somehow the other shoe dropped and all the good or great games were just lucky.

Since when did one game define any player?

sheesh...

Mansta54

Reaction score
As a starter Romo is 11-4 and 5-0 this year. He leads the NFC in TD passes, he runs the No.1 O in the league and his QB rating is extremely high. I think he's doing just fine!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He will be defined by:

1) How he rallied team to comeback win in face of adversity vs. Bills

2) How he bounces back in big spot tomorrow

Mansta54

Reaction score
Nors;1704379 said:
He will be defined by:

1) How he rallied team to comeback win in face of adversity vs. Bills

2) How he bounces back in big spot tomorrow

And has a BIG day and gets the W at home....:)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Three years from now, no one will remember the 5 INT game.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
The word COWBOYS conjures up a lot of HATE in this country. Common sense is left out of the equation.

NEFAN1961

Reaction score
Romo's performance was pretty amazing in that he was able to "keep his head in the game" DESPITE the six turnovers...He doesn't do that and Dallas loses...I don't think there are one out of fifty qb's who could have pulled that off....Dallas better sign him soon, there are only a couple of teams who wouldn't consider him an upgrade!!!

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I guess in the media's mind, Tony's one stinker outweigh's his other 4 great preformance's.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
viman96;1704372 said:
Many in the media and other fan boards all point to Romo's 5 INTs as why he is overrated. Like somehow the other shoe dropped and all the good or great games were just lucky.

Since when did one game define any player?

sheesh...

This has really chapped me the wrong way this week as well man.

I hope Tony lights up New England and no doubt can be left!!

JPostSam

Reaction score
there was also a 5-TOUCHDOWN performance last year.

anyone care to mention that?!

:banghead:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
The Romo detractors will dwell on his 5 INTs, they will only focus on his negatives.

His fan will relish the fact that even with his 6 TOs, he was able to overcome those adversities to lead his team to a win.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Tom brady has thrown for 4 INts and terrible yardage 4 times in his career...do those games define Him? NO it's how he bounced back and won.

Romo is 11-4 first 15 games only behind Brady's 12-3..

You ask me....Romo is going to be a great Qb.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Winning erases all that... if they lose tomorrow, the talk will be about a hangover from Monday. If they win, it will be about Romo's resiliency.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Throwing five INTs but still passing for more than 300 yards, throwing for two touchdowns and winning the game defines Romo.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are a combined 0-17 in the regular season when they throw at least three interceptions, and Brett Favre is 0-7 since 1995 when he throws at least four picks. And in those 24 games (all losses), they almost never threw for 300 yards or threw multiple touchdown passes.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1704885 said:
Throwing five INTs but still passing for more than 300 yards, throwing for two touchdowns and winning the game defines Romo.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are a combined 0-17 in the regular season when they throw at least three interceptions, and Brett Favre is 0-7 since 1995 when he throws at least four picks. And in those 24 games (all losses), they almost never threw for 300 yards or threw multiple touchdown passes.

with romo we simply take the good with the bad. he's going to have bad days but when he does, he recognizes his team in the effort. not a 'all great ones go through this....'

Aikbach

Reaction score
Opposing fans and media turds tried to turn him into another Jackie Smith after last season. It won't work, they already did dirty in 1979 by mistreating the Hall of Fame career of Jackie Smith as though one play defined it but they are going to find out that Romo is made of teflon when it comes to their sensationalized gripes.

sbark

Reaction score
Either ESPN or NFL Net had a comparison between Romo's 1st 15 starts in the League vrs. Peyton, Marion, Brady, Farve and a couple other greats.

Romo was like 1000 yds ahead in passing, more TD's, few more Ints......

He is off to a fantastic start in the League............:bow:

Bizwah

Reaction score
NEFAN1961;1704396 said:
Romo's performance was pretty amazing in that he was able to "keep his head in the game" DESPITE the six turnovers...He doesn't do that and Dallas loses...I don't think there are one out of fifty qb's who could have pulled that off....Dallas better sign him soon, there are only a couple of teams who wouldn't consider him an upgrade!!!

Why does JJ have to sign him "soon"?

Again, JJ is being very wise in waiting. Why rush?

Yes, I believe the five INT performance was merely a fluke....but what if it's a symptom of something else? What if Romo isn't quite as good as we think?

Let's let Romo start a full season. Let's see how he plays. History has shown us that if Jerry wants a player, then he'll pay him.

We won't lose out on Romo.....make no mistake. If he keeps playing at a high level, he'll be a Cowboy for life.