Interesting that many think 5 INTs defines Romo

Angus

Reaction score
Bizwah;1704912 said:
Why does JJ have to sign him "soon"?

Again, JJ is being very wise in waiting. Why rush?

Yes, I believe the five INT performance was merely a fluke....but what if it's a symptom of something else? What if Romo isn't quite as good as we think?

Let's let Romo start a full season. Let's see how he plays. History has shown us that if Jerry wants a player, then he'll pay him.

We won't lose out on Romo.....make no mistake. If he keeps playing at a high level, he'll be a Cowboy for life.

He can be not "quite as good as we think" and still be better than 30 other starting NFL quarterbacks playing this season.

:)

Bizwah

Reaction score
Angus;1704927 said:
He can be not "quite as good as we think" and still be better than 30 other starting NFL quarterbacks playing this season.

:)

True.....but he could still fall flat on his face.

Now, if you look at QBs the past few years, if they sustain good play for as long as Romo they're usually great.

But there's still the possibility that he may turn out to be a flash in the pan. He's under contract......let's see what happens. Yes, with every TD pass the price goes up, but that won't bother JJ.

And there's NO way he goes to another team. Even if a deal isn't done during the season, one will get done after the season. IIRC, we have exclusive rights to deal with Romo until FA starts in March. I may be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Bizwah;1704912 said:
Why does JJ have to sign him "soon"?

Again, JJ is being very wise in waiting. Why rush?

Yes, I believe the five INT performance was merely a fluke....but what if it's a symptom of something else? What if Romo isn't quite as good as we think?

Let's let Romo start a full season. Let's see how he plays. History has shown us that if Jerry wants a player, then he'll pay him.

We won't lose out on Romo.....make no mistake. If he keeps playing at a high level, he'll be a Cowboy for life.

I guess the way i look at it is we made our bed to a large extent by passing on the QB at #22 last April . What if Romo fails to get far in the PO's? Do we just let him walk and try and draft Brohm or Woodson? Then play a rookie or a vet like Johnson? There's nothing out there in FA but Rex and Romo. We play a rookie next year and we'll be back to 6-7 wins. We play a Johnson type and we won't go far either. If the option isn't Romo then what is? I understand Jerry wanting to see what Romo is about, but in reality we are pretty much banking on him either way and Jerry said it when we passed on BQ.