Interesting tidbit to ponder

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Was watching NFL Gameday final and after reviewing the MN/Chi game the ex 49s/Lions coach (can't remember his name and I ain't looking it up) said "better tape your ankles up when you play those guys". He'd just stated he though MN would get a dome game for the playoffs so I'm assuming he was talking about the Vikings.

So what was he inferring? They go for the ankles or the field is ultra sticky???

I am surprised he said that. His attitude sounded like he wasn't saying anything neutral or positive.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't see the segment, but if you're talking about Mariucci and he was talking about Minny, it was probably a reference to A Peterson breaking ankles with his cutbacks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Idgit;2455513 said:
Didn't see the segment, but if you're talking about Mariucci and he was talking about Minny, it was probably a reference to A Peterson breaking ankles with his cutbacks.

That makes more sense and yes it was Mariucci who said that off handedly. I think Denver does a lot of cut blocks but I didn't think MN was guilty of it. Makes more sense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That guy leaves more guys looking for their jocks than anybody in the league right now. Peterson, not Mariucci.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
jobberone;2455575 said:
That makes more sense and yes it was Mariucci who said that off handedly. I think Denver does a lot of cut blocks but I didn't think MN was guilty of it. Makes more sense.

:rolleyes: Well if he was referring to cut blocks, the Niners used to do quite a bit of it in Mariucci's days. That would be like the pot calling the kettle black. Surely he was referring to AP's running style.