Interesting tidbits from a Chicago radio station re Cowboy-Bear game

sago1

Reaction score
Just took these tidbits off the ESPN Dallas Cowboy forum. A Dallas Cowboy fan heard below while listning to a Chicago radio station.

caught several local (chi) radio takes.... a few points noted from beer beat reporters...

1. several beer players informed that this was the most physical game they've played in the past three/four seasons

2. anderson (d-line) simply amazed at how elusive romo is.... perplexed at their inability to touch him

3. beer players not broken - very little shoulda/woulda/coulda (my take: simply know they were dominated by a better team)

lzppjb

Reaction score
Beer players? Were they playing drunk? :D

I love to hear they think we're physical. I love to see our OL pound teams into submission like in the '90s.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
lzppjb;1668909 said:

I love to hear they think we're physical. I love to see our OL pound teams into submission like in the '90s.

And you know that's exactly what it is. It's the big boys up front. We also have about the most physical wideout in the game in TO and one of the most physical backs in MBIII. We really DO take the game to people.

sbark

Reaction score
Keep up the focus on quality OL Jerry.........Bigg Davis was a great addition

rlgiv

Reaction score
I'm sure the Chicago fans enjoyed watching their former first round pick play so well.

VACowboy

Reaction score
sbark;1668968 said:

My vote goes for Jake Long in April.

sago1

Reaction score
I don't know about the Bear fans, but the Bear players were glad Colombo was able to resurrect his career with the Cowboys. Since Colombo has a mean streak, I'm sure they would have preferred he not show that side to them.

Don't forget that in addition to our OL, TO & MBIII, players like Witten, William, Hamlin, Davis, Watkins & Hurd like to deliver those hits. I'm sure Archelatta (?spell) will remember them for a long time.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
lzppjb;1668909 said:

:lmao2: THAT is funny........

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish the Bears good luck and hope they can take out the Skins, Eagles and Giants.

superpunk

Reaction score
sago1;1668907 said:
1. several beer players informed that this was the most physical game they've played in the past three/four seasons

We've been hearing this for years. Teams play us, and it's exhausting for them.

Win or lose, you're gonna know the Cowboys came to town. And so far this year, we're finishing the job, and teams are getting beat up and embarassed. It's a physical team with big, fast players. I really hope that isn't subsequently the cause of our late-season collapses, since even being the ones delivering the punishment takes it's toll after awhile.

Wade's got these guys slimmer and he seems to be doing well with the rotation of Dlinemen (getting backups in) and even rotation at LB. Hopefully that contributes to a fresher December squad.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
sbark;1668968 said:

He will make his first pro bowl this season if he keeps playing like he is. He isn't playing like a bull dozer like you expect 350lbs to play, he is exploding into the defensive line. The reason they are saying it is the most physical game is because of how BIG the line is and what is so great is with this size, they all have some quickness at getting off the ball. Flo is 340lbs and is a freight train once he starts moving. Gurode is a 312lbs center. Thats pretty damn big for a center. Columbo isn't small potatos either and he carries a mean streak. Of course, BIGG Davis is like an NFL player playing against college level players. Kosier is the most unimpressive one of the bunch, and he was probably the most solid player last year!

There are no front seven that has played the Cowboys that are asking "Where's the beef?"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Here is a question I'd like to pose.

(multi-part)
  1. If Flo cleans up his penalties and keeps playing as well as he is
  2. Is willing to accept less to remain a Cowboy. (say a 15%-20% discount)

Do you resign him?

I would think about it. Obvisouly cap numbers are important and you can't keep great players at all positions which is why drafting great talent in later rounds is so important. If the Cowboys did resign him, it couldn't be for 5 years. 2-3 years max.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;1669153 said:
Here is a question I'd like to pose.

(multi-part)
  1. If Flo cleans up his penalties and keeps playing as well as he is
  2. Is willing to accept less to remain a Cowboy. (say a 15%-20% discount)

Do you resign him?

I would think about it. Obvisouly cap numbers are important and you can't keep great players at all positions which is why drafting great talent in later rounds is so important. If the Cowboys did resign him, it couldn't be for 5 years. 2-3 years max.

I'll take Flo with the penalties just if he takes a discount and reworks that deal.

Once the ball is snapped Flozell is pretty dang good.

Tobal

Reaction score
I have no problem keeping Flo, we THINK Free is going to be good. This team seems to good to make that move unless we have very little doubt. Columbo is signed for only 1 yr after this one sooooo I wouldn't just right off Flo without at least some conversations.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sago1;1668907 said:
Just took these tidbits off the ESPN Dallas Cowboy forum. A Dallas Cowboy fan heard below while listning to a Chicago radio station.

caught several local (chi) radio takes.... a few points noted from beer beat reporters...

2. anderson (d-line) simply amazed at how elusive romo is.... perplexed at their inability to touch him

3. beer players not broken - very little shoulda/woulda/coulda (my take: simply know they were dominated by a better team)

Oh man... I knew it... I started a post a few weeks back about "it seems we are more physical than other teams.".. to the point that we are breaking opposing players... whethere it be physically or mentally or both.

When they were calling off the names of the bears players that were knocked out of the game... I was thinking "Wow... we putting it to them... HARD"

Smashmouth Dallas Cowboys football is back.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
lzppjb;1668909 said:

Don't give the mediots any more excuses for why the Cowboys didn't beat a good team.

YAKUZA

WarC

Reaction score
Ozzu;1668910 said:
And you know that's exactly what it is. It's the big boys up front. We also have about the most physical wideout in the game in TO and one of the most physical backs in MBIII. We really DO take the game to people.

Marion Barber was a sight to behold, I don't think I've seen an RB play with so much overwhelming violence in the NFL in a long time. He looked like he was playing highschool ball, the way he was carrying defenders after contact.