Interesting Tidbits re Jet's cap situation & Parcells coaching staff

sago1

Reaction score
See Raphel Vela's blog (http://blog.theboys.com/ ) which discusses the upcoming release of Law, Fabini, Gregg, Fielder & their FB who supposedly a really good blocking FB. Another posting indicated Jets might be forced to cut their OC Malawi (not covered in Vela's blog) but it sure possible 1-3 Jet players might find their way to our team--if the price is right--no more big bucks for FAs over 30.

Vela also discussed what newly hired coach Kitchens brings to the Cowboys. Besides havng been on Sabin's coaching staff at LSU, Kitchens also worked for Mississippi HC Croom (worked at one time for Mike Sherman on Packer staff), etc. Seems there little more to Kitchens then meets the eye, although I still would prefer a coach with NFL experience. Vela also points out weaknesses in Cowboy coaching staff expertise.

I'm troubled by our inability to hire the LB coach we went after (decided take up Jets offer). Was Jet offer that attractive or was he reluctant come to Cowboys cause Parcells only here 1-2 more years, Parcells reputation, or tight fist Jones keeps on position coaches salaries.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
sago1 said:
I'm troubled by our inability to hire the LB coach we went after (decided take up Jets offer). Was Jet offer that attractive or was he reluctant come to Cowboys cause Parcells only here 1-2 more years, Parcells reputation, or tight fist Jones keeps on position coaches salaries.

Herrmann was fired at UM to my knowledge. I wouldn't cry about not getting him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ita all window dressing. Sprano has same job as last year, Running game and oline. They gave him an atta boy AC title he didn't earn.

Haley was promoted to passing coordinator. Mick reported Palmer and Haley would split Payton's OC duties. That makes most sense as you'd half to be half loco to give Soprano that responsibility. No way no how Tony is calling plays or signing off on offensive gameplans.He can't get a running game going first.

At end of day 7 year WR coach Haley will be learning from the 2 guys qualified to be OC in the NFL- Parcells and Palmer.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
ita all window dressing. Sprano has same job as last year, Running game and oline. They gave him an atta boy AC title he didn't earn.

Haley was promoted to passing coordinator. Mick reported Palmer and Haley would split Payton's OC duties. That makes most sense as you'd half to be half loco to give Soprano that responsibility. No way no how Tony is calling plays or signing off on offensive gameplans.He can't get a running game going first.

At end of day 7 year WR coach Haley will be learning from the 2 guys qualified to be OC in the NFL- Parcells and Palmer.

Is this the "official" spin for your lost bet?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:

I conceded - but as Mick said the OC duties are split between Haley/Palmer. Split hairs on internal or external replaced.

Do you think Sprano is a good OC choice if that is indeed true - Junk?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
I conceded - but as Mick said the OC duties are split between Haley/Palmer. Split hairs on internal or external replaced.

Do you think Sprano is a good OC choice if that is indeed true - Junk?

I thought Sparano should have gotten canned.

However, there is one legit argument I can see for keeping him around. Great offensive lines are built through continuity. Draft the guys that fit your scheme and develop them. Develop cohesion.

So, in that regard, I guess its good although I am less than impressed with Sparano.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
That was yesterday. Though his response is an extension of that.

The question is, will he pay up?

:wink2: