Interesting Videos Thread

triplets_93

Reaction score

SpaceX is targeting Friday, April 8 for Falcon 9’s launch of Axiom Space’s Ax-1 mission to the International Space Station from historic Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The instantaneous launch window opens at 11:17 a.m. ET, 15:17 UTC, with a backup opportunity available on Saturday, April 9 at 10:54 a.m. ET, 14:54 UTC. This will be the fifth flight for this Falcon 9 first stage booster, which previously supported launch of GPS III Space Vehicle 04, GPS III Space Vehicle 05, Inspiration4, and one Starlink mission. Following stage separation, Falcon 9’s first stage will land on the A Shortfall of Gravitas droneship stationed in the Atlantic Ocean. The Dragon spacecraft supporting this mission previously flew the Demo-2 and Crew-2 missions. Axiom Space’s Ax-1 mission is the first all-private human spaceflight mission to the International Space Station. The Ax-1 crew will participate in educational outreach and conduct innovative research experiments while on the orbiting laboratory. The webcast for the Ax-1 mission will go live approximately three hours before liftoff and will remain live until about 15 minutes post launch. Mission coverage will resume approximately two hours prior to docking.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Somehow I've gotten this far in life without ever having learned how to use a soldering iron. Now after seeing this video, I'm thinking maybe it would be a useful skill to have. I have a pretty nice Philips Norelco electric razor that I rarely use, but it's great to have as a backup system. It's about 10 years old, I think, but I probably haven't charged it since about 2017. So its battery is dead, and ain't coming back. It's a shame because I'm sure the battery is the only thing wrong with it. However, you can't just open it up and pop a new battery in. It requires some soldering, as you'll see in the video.

It would be less hassle to either just live without it or to buy a replacement. However, if I took the trouble to learn to solder, maybe that skill would benefit me down the line, and heed much more value than keeping an old electric razor working.

I'm curious if others here have soldering skills, and if so, what have you used them for. Does the job in the video look easy or difficult?

In case you want to see it, here's my Norelco electric razor with the kaputt battery.

Norelcoelectric.png