Interesting Videos Thread

timb2

Reaction score
If you suffer from Tinnitus this might help. I just tried this and feel so much more relief. It's weird but worked for me

triplets_93

Reaction score
CNBC Marathon explores the freight and passenger railroads in America.

The United States lags behind the rest of the world when it comes to passenger trains but when it comes to the freight railroad the U.S. is dominating. The U.S. freight rail network operates over 140,000 miles of privately-owned track in every state except Hawaii, according to the Association of American Railroads. It moves one-third of all U.S. exports and roughly 40% of long distance freight volume. Correction (February 3, 2022): Craig Fuller incorrectly states Amtrak is for-profit but Amtrak is not a for-profit corporation.

Taking a train in the U.S. is often more expensive than flying and more expensive than intercity train systems in other developed countries, which often have even faster trains and better service. But Amtrak, the federally funded company that runs many of America’s passenger trains, has never made money. In fact, the company has a $42 billion repair backlog and in 2021 wasn’t even able to cover half of its expenses from ticket revenue. That business comes mostly from the populous Northeast Corridor, where tickets are quite pricey. Ridership is slowly recovering from an all-time low due to the pandemic, and now Amtrak wants to expand service in a major 15-year plan, with $66 billion in funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.

The U.S. has no high-speed trains, besides a few small sections of Amtrak’s Acela line in the Northeast Corridor. China has more than 19,000 miles of high-speed rail, the vast majority of which was built in the past decade. Japan’s bullet trains date back to the 1960s. France began service of the high-speed TGV train in 1981 and the rest of Europe quickly followed.

Watch the video to see why the U.S. continues to fail with high-speed trains, and the companies that are trying to fix that.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

same technology that is being used in the medical industry.

3d bio printing making dna/rna based products in silco on computers

triplets_93

Reaction score
The SpaceX Starship test flight was intentionally terminated when the first stage failed to separate. Hence the "explosion."

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No way I let that Lion get away ........ he would eat someone first chance he gets ........ get in someones yard and eat their kid.

Creeper

Reaction score
The .38 came in severely nose up. I wonder what distance these were fired from.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
What's your count? I own 6 of the rounds fired though my .45 and 454 Casull are a combo and I've never shot a 454 round out of it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was supposed to be in LA to see that game but my trip was cancelled at the last moment, so I watched the game live via MLB.tv.

It was an awesome game, so much so that I ended up buying the game from MLB.tv so I could download and keep it.

It is the only digital download MLB game I ever bought.