Intresting Note On The Giants

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Thanks to the Cowboys for that. They should be 0-16.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Ok, I was aware of this. I realize this is a different team this year, but they have mostly the same players. They only had 4 draft picks. Burress was their main free agent acquisition. The craziest thing (and also the thing that pisses me off the most) is how they have received nothing but love from the media all over the country. I haven't heard one person mention their last 2 years of second half collapses. All I hear is "watch out for the Giants in the NFC."

I'll admit they look very good, but 1 second half win in 2 years against the awful 2004 week 17 Dallas Cowboys is a disturbing trend. And if you remember Eli just threw to the guy Lance Frazier was covering the entire game. Anybody else think they might be in for another collapse?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
littlewebs said:
Ok, I was aware of this. I realize this is a different team this year, but they have mostly the same players. They only had 4 draft picks. Burress was their main free agent acquisition. The craziest thing (and also the thing that pisses me off the most) is how they have received nothing but love from the media all over the country. I haven't heard one person mention their last 2 years of second half collapses. All I hear is "watch out for the Giants in the NFC."

I'll admit they look very good, but 1 second half win in 2 years against the awful 2004 week 17 Dallas Cowboys is a disturbing trend. And if you remember Eli just threw to the guy Lance Frazier was covering the entire game. Anybody else think they might be in for another collapse?
It's the man crush that the mediots have on Eli. They will crumble

and :welcome:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
One of the reasons for that record last year was that they turned it over to Eli as a rookie and took their lumps gambling it would pay off.

Derinyar

Reaction score
The Giants I don't think are likely to fold. I'd look more to the skins for folding.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
The Skins are far more 1 dimensional than the Giants. The Skins have a WR in S. Moss who completely proved me wrong, but besides that..Portis has been average, Cooley is OK, the O-Line isn't one that dominates. The Defense is pretty good, but they do a sloppy job tackling from time to time, and they don't generate that much pressure. NYG have a real good RB, 2 good WR's, and a good TE. They have way more balance. Plus they have Mike Strahan, and even if they aren't statistically that great on D, they comeo ut and play hard, they swarm, ad they make plays

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
The Giants were getting tons of turnovers on defense including the game against us. That has helped their offense a lot. I noticed that quite a few of the turnovers were "gimmies". They weren't really forced, but more due to sloppiness by the opposing offense. The Giants were in position to recover the ball though, so I have to give them that.

My point is that I wonder if they will keep scoring so high if teams quit handing them the ball on a silver platter.

lspain1

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
The Skins are far more 1 dimensional than the Giants. The Skins have a WR in S. Moss who completely proved me wrong, but besides that..Portis has been average, Cooley is OK, the O-Line isn't one that dominates. The Defense is pretty good, but they do a sloppy job tackling from time to time, and they don't generate that much pressure. NYG have a real good RB, 2 good WR's, and a good TE. They have way more balance. Plus they have Mike Strahan, and even if they aren't statistically that great on D, they comeo ut and play hard, they swarm, ad they make plays

I am no fan of the Washington Commanders but I think you are wrong on this. You listed:

Portis
Moss
Cooley

I call that a good running back, a good WR and a good TE. They have a good defense overall. And you failed to mention some outstanding play by Brunnell this year. The skins may be weaker than the G-men but they are still a decent team and I would not describe them as one domensional. The game against the Eagles showed that pretty conclusively.