Intriguing Edge prospect

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not exactly the Cowboys’ biggest need, but a player whose tape has caught my eye the last few days is Kansas (Minnesota transfer) Edge Austin Booker. Dominic White (@DomWWhite on Twitter) from Pick 6 Sports Media first brought him to my attention. He’s 6’6” and 245 lbs. but has the frame to add size. He has the long arms you want to see in elite pass rushers. Those long arms and quick feet, along with a killer spin-move, allow him to get around the corner quick. He had 37 total pressures, 26 QB hurries, and 9 sacks for the Jayhawks last season.

I’m going to throw some names at you that may surprise you. His effort and determination remind me of Raiders’ start Maxx Crosby. When he sees his target, his closing speed is SPECIAL and reminds me of #11. He was a Redshirt Sophomore so just two years of experience; this is absolutely a projection pick. He must get stronger and work on not being so eager to get to the QB that he is not handling his run responsibilities. What he has can not be taught though. Give him a watch and let me know if you’re seeing the flashes I am seeing.

*The Indiana picture below is from a recruiting visit.

https://kuathletics.com/roster/austin-booker/

131998374_web1_Austin-Booker-photo2.jpg

Austin_Booker--1-.jpg

11184823.jpg

GE0f6vtXAAAK8RP

RS12

Reaction score

Edge Austin Booker, Kansas​

5 OF 12

1. MOBILE, AL - FEBRUARY 01: National edge Austin Booker of Kansas (49) during the National team practice for the Reese's Senior Bowl on February 31, 2024 at Hancock Whitney Stadium in Mobile, Alabama.  (Photo by Michael Wade/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

Michael Wade/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
    The buzz was palpable toward Austin Booker before practices even began in Mobile.
    While some teams believed it would have been in his best interest to return to school for another year to bulk up and enjoy another year of success at the Power Five level, he showcased the flashes that NFL evaluators have raved about for months.
    An edge-rusher with an exciting blend of length (34-inch arms) and twitch, Booker has the floor of an immediate DPR (designated pass-rusher) with one of the more intriguing ceilings among all 5-techs in the class.