IQ test?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
It suppose to be an IQ for Japanese job applicants. Don't know how true that is but it was fun nonetheless.

http://freeweb.siol.net/danej/riverIQGame.swf

Here are the Rules:

Only 2 persons on the raft at a time

The father can not stay with any of the daughters without their mother's
presence

The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their father's
presence

The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any family member if the
Policeman is not there

Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the
raft

To start click on the big blue circle on the right.

To move the people click on them. To move the raft click on the pole on
the
opposite side of the river.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I finally got it... that was pretty cool...

Hoov

Reaction score
OK, i finally got it. it helps to stop and take a break when you get stumped then come back to it a few minutes later.

Squiggly

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Gawd I feel stupid. This bites.

Hint: Take the cop and prisoner across first. Then the cop back. Then the cop back across with either a girl or boy. Then cop back with the prisoner.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
I got it! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't stand a chance.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Squiggly said:
Hint: Take the cop and prisoner across first. Then the cop back. Then the cop back across with either a girl or boy. Then cop back with the prisoner.

I got that far.....

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Well....if I wasn't going to quit school before this, I sure as heck am now!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first two people over are the cop and criminal....and the last two people over are the cop and criminal....the people between those two moves is the fun part. :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The first two people over are the cop and criminal....and the last two people over are the cop and criminal....the people between those two moves is the fun part. :D

Shssh, you are giving too much away. :) I like these types of things because it requires some analytical thought. It reminded me of the GRE exam. Here is the typical series of questions you would find on the exam:

An amusement park roller coaster includes five cars, numbered 1 through 5 from front to back. Each car accommodates up to two riders, seated side by side. Six people—Tom, Gwen, Laurie, Mark, Paul and Jack—are riding the coaster at the same time.
Laurie is sharing a car.

Mark is not sharing a car and is seated immediately behind an empty car.

Tom is not sharing a car with either Gwen or Paul.

Gwen is riding in either the third or fourth car.

Which of the following groups of riders could occupy the second car?
(A) Laurie only
(B) Tom and Gwen
(C) Laurie and Mark
(D) Jack and Tom
(E) Jack, Gwen, and Paul

If Gwen is riding immediately behind Laurie's car and immediately ahead of Tom's car, all of the following must be true EXCEPT:

(A) Gwen is riding in the fourth car.
(B) Paul is riding in the third car.
(C) Tom is riding in the fifth car.
(D) Laurie is riding in the third car.
(E) The first car is empty.

Which one of the following statements CANNOT be true?

(A) Neither Tom nor Gwen is sharing a car with
........ another rider
(B) Neither Mark nor Jack is sharing a car with
........ another rider.
(C) Tom is sharing a car, and Jack is sharing a car.
(D) Gwen is sharing a car, and Paul is sharing a car.
(E) Tom is sharing a car, and Gwen is sharing a car.

If Paul is riding in the second car, how many different combinations of riders are possible for the third car?

(A) one
(B) two
(C) three
(D) four
(E) five

Assume that a seventh rider is riding with Jack in the first car, but that all other rules remain unchanged. Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of the riders who might be riding in the fifth car?

(A) Mark
(B) Gwen, Paul
(C) Tom, Laurie, Paul
(D) Tom, Laurie, Mark
(E) Tom, Paul, Laurie, Mark

Knock yourself out, I will post the solution l8r.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
So here's my dilemma. I can get as far as the policeman, thief, and one little girl on the original shore. Everyone else is on the other shore, but the raft is there as well. The only way to get the raft back is to take both ma and pa. But then there is no way to get the little girl.

But that isn't the dilemma. The dilemma is, do I take this as a true sign of my intelligence (or lack thereof) since it was reported as an IQ test. If so, that's depressing. Really.

Hoov

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
So here's my dilemma. I can get as far as the policeman, thief, and one little girl on the original shore. Everyone else is on the other shore, but the raft is there as well. The only way to get the raft back is to take both ma and pa. But then there is no way to get the little girl.

But that isn't the dilemma. The dilemma is, do I take this as a true sign of my intelligence (or lack thereof) since it was reported as an IQ test. If so, that's depressing. Really.

I would say it is more of a test of one's patience, i stopped a few times for a break when frustration settled in. hard to think when you are frustrtated.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

Have you ever played chess? Use the same mind set.