Irv Smith, TE Alabama

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Anyone know much about this kid? He has excellent pedigree, runs 4.5 ( 4.4 range ), bench press 450lb with ease and only 20 years old.

https://247sports.com/Article/Alaba...r-is-a-likely-NFL-first-round-pick-125460787/
Irv Smith Jr., Bama's most prolific TE ever, is not done yet
ByCHRIS HUMMER 2 hours ago
Irv Smith Jr. always resisted.

His dad, former NFL tight end Irv Smith, would constantly inform a nine-year-old Smith Jr. of his future as a tight end. Dad played that spot, and uncle Ed Smith won a Super Bowl at that position. Genetics demanded Smith Jr. would eventually grow into a tight end.

“He’d say, ‘Nope, I’m going to be a wide receiver,” Smith Sr. told 247Sports. “I said, ‘OK, look at me. I played at 265. You’re going to be big like me.’”

Father learned to take a long-term view on athletics at Notre Dame.

A tight end with an affinity for baseball, Irv Smith wanted to be Bo Jackson. But after two years hacking at curveballs, Smith realized his future lay on the gridiron. Son would learn the same over time. After playing basketball until eighth grade to avoid early football injuries, Smith Jr. debuted as a wide receiver. He played wide receiver in ninth grade, too. By 10th grade Smith Jr. split time as a tight end/wide receiver for Brother Martin High School in Louisiana. The next year, Smith Jr. embraced the inevitabl

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
One of three tight ends I hope somehow slips to us in the 2nd round. I think we'll have to move up to get one though, assuming the team prioritizes the position.

75boyz

Reaction score
Anyone know much about this kid? He has excellent pedigree, runs 4.5 ( 4.4 range ), bench press 450lb with ease and only 20 years old.

https://247sports.com/Article/Alaba...r-is-a-likely-NFL-first-round-pick-125460787/
Irv Smith Jr., Bama's most prolific TE ever, is not done yet
ByCHRIS HUMMER 2 hours ago
Irv Smith Jr. always resisted.

His dad, former NFL tight end Irv Smith, would constantly inform a nine-year-old Smith Jr. of his future as a tight end. Dad played that spot, and uncle Ed Smith won a Super Bowl at that position. Genetics demanded Smith Jr. would eventually grow into a tight end.

“He’d say, ‘Nope, I’m going to be a wide receiver,” Smith Sr. told 247Sports. “I said, ‘OK, look at me. I played at 265. You’re going to be big like me.’”

Father learned to take a long-term view on athletics at Notre Dame.

A tight end with an affinity for baseball, Irv Smith wanted to be Bo Jackson. But after two years hacking at curveballs, Smith realized his future lay on the gridiron. Son would learn the same over time. After playing basketball until eighth grade to avoid early football injuries, Smith Jr. debuted as a wide receiver. He played wide receiver in ninth grade, too. By 10th grade Smith Jr. split time as a tight end/wide receiver for Brother Martin High School in Louisiana. The next year, Smith Jr. embraced the inevitabl

Irv Smith is definitely a beast, just like OJ Howard before him.

Have my eye on several of their skill position starters...

First and foremost, Tua to me, could once and for all rescue this franchise from their acceptance of "mediocrity is enough" mindset and lead to future championships. ANY and every option should be explored to draft him...i.e. whole draft class, multiple firsts, whatever, etc.

I loved Najee Harris 's size/speed/power skillset more last year than this. It's almost like he's too muscle bound or loss of flexibility or something. Kinda hard to pinpoint but he's got crazy measurables/strength nonetheless.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Irv Smith is definitely a beast, just like OJ Howard before him.

Have my eye on several of their skill position starters...

First and foremost, Tua to me, could once and for all rescue this franchise from their acceptance of "mediocrity is enough" mindset and lead to future championships. ANY and every option should be explored to draft him...i.e. whole draft class, multiple firsts, whatever, etc.

I loved Najee Harris 's size/speed/power skillset more last year than this. It's almost like he's too muscle bound or loss of flexibility or something. Kinda hard to pinpoint but he's got crazy measurables/strength nonetheless.

Keep an eye on pass rusher Terrell Lewis (6'5", 256). He has some Jadeveon Clowney to him. He's missed all season from an ACL injury last July but could play these last three games (SEC Championship and 2 possible playoff games). He's a top 15 talent but could slip to the second round since he's missed 22 games the last two seasons.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
To be honest, I’d be willing to deal a 2020 second rounder to move up higher for a TE.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Irv Smith is my TE of choice...hope he falls to us in the 2nd.
good hands.
nice speed for a TE.
good blocker in the Bama games Ive watched.

KDM256

Reaction score
Drop some balls inthe SEC Championship game this past weekend but Irv Smith Jr has been consistent throughout the year. Would love for Dallas to grab him in the 2nd or 3rd round

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Drop some balls inthe SEC Championship game this past weekend but Irv Smith Jr has been consistent throughout the year. Would love for Dallas to grab him in the 2nd or 3rd round

Could be our version of Jordan Reed.