Video: Irvin: "America's Team" moniker is fading

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He made plenty of money off that moniker, too bad much of it went for blow....now, he's become another mediot making money off the team he played for....can't say that I blame him, he didn't make nearly as much as today's players. That's got to chap his hide. Great player and I will always be a fan, but...IIWII

J_Allen

Reaction score
He made plenty of money off that moniker, too bad much of it went for blow....now, he's become another mediot making money off the team he played for....can't say that I blame him, he didn't make nearly as much as today's players. That's got to chap his hide. Great player and I will always be a fan, but...IIWII

He looks old and tired. Not being able to keep a job looks like it's wearing on him. You knew he was desperate when he took a job with Skip Bayless, who Troy Aikman absolutely despises.

He's basically becoming irrelevant and his loudmouth just wears on you. I loved his passion on game day but he needs to tone it down now that he's not playing.

RoboQB

Reaction score
South America? Man they don’t even know the NFL exist. South America’s team is Boca Juniors. A real winning franchise.
Pretty certain Joe's referring to a TO comment from back in the day. When joining the Buffalo Bills, Owens said he had played for America's Team and now he's playing for "North America's Team".

SackMaster

Reaction score
Look at training camp turnouts. Look at the home games so far being taken over by visiting fans. I never thought I’d see the day but it’s happening.
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of owners, if not all, don't give two craps who buys the tickets as long as the stadium is sold out every home game.

And it's not just in the NFL. That's in any sport. Professional, College, Semi-Pro, ect ...

Hell, in some sports *cough*WNBA*cough* they aren't even worried about selling out. As long as money is coming from SOMEWHERE, virtually any owner is happy.

So ya, I'm pretty sure hearing the visiting teams have more cheers than the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium does not bother Jerry one bit.

JMHO

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of owners, if not all, don't give two craps who buys the tickets as long as the stadium is sold out every home game.

And it's not just in the NFL. That's in any sport. Professional, College, Semi-Pro, ect ...

Hell, in some sports *cough*WNBA*cough* they aren't even worried about selling out. As long as money is coming from SOMEWHERE, virtually any owner is happy.

So ya, I'm pretty sure hearing the visiting teams have more cheers than the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium does not bother Jerry one bit.

JMHO
Oh I agree, ticket sales and TV ratings will continue to be there. Where they'll suffer initially is going to be in merch sales, both at the games and national sales. Itll take multiple down years before ticket sales drop or the Cowboys stop getting an excessive number of national games. Its a slow burn which is why Jerry doesnt need to have a sense of urgency, but fan apathy this year is obvious. Very possible you could see their annual valuation slow due to branding issues, and LA start to narrow that gap between #1 and #2, but even there it would take multiple years for them to be in any danger of being passed. Dallas is still the #1 money making machine, but this is the first time in my lifetime where I can see a path for that to not be the case 5 years from now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

JMHO
the tickets are always sold out to the psl ticket owners.
They then choose to sell the tickets to opposing teams.
If they wanted to protest the current situation they should let the seats be empty. Dont sell them.