Video: Irvin: "America's Team" moniker is fading

J_Allen

Reaction score
I’m at the point where I don’t care what ANYONE says about this team, good, bad or indifferent…because I’m indifferent to all of it……good job Jerry.

I prefer they say as many negative things about this team as possible and I'm rooting for losses. We got blown out against Green Bay and did nothing to fix it. I don't understand the thought process. Jerry and Chuckles can eat *.

Hardline

Reaction score
One of the worse things to ever happen to this team was to be given that name. All it did was paint a target on their backs and give teams extra motivation to beat them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Much like some toolshed calling themselves "God," the same goes for a silly nickname that seems to irritate other fans more than anything. :laugh: .
Instead of being original and embracing their own, they rather whine. I think it's gloriously funny.

LysleE

Reaction score
I don’t think the “America’s Team” moniker has been relevant for the last thirty-years despite Jerry’s tireless efforts.
In fact, I believe that term is the primary reason why some people despise the Cowboys…the moniker is very polarizing.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He made plenty of money off that moniker, too bad much of it went for blow....now, he's become another mediot making money off the team he played for....can't say that I blame him, he didn't make nearly as much as today's players. That's got to chap his hide. Great player and I will always be a fan, but...IIWII
He made his money off of being a winner. You are just butt hurt that he's telling it like it is rather than pumping false sunshine.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Its ok, our owner loves hanging around the rim. Don't believe all the leaves have fallin yet from this rooted problem we have this year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He made his money off of being a winner. You are just butt hurt that he's telling it like it is rather than pumping false sunshine.
LOL! Why the hell would I be butt hurt...he PLAYED he doesn't anymore. Sounds like you're the one that's butt hurt. Are you wearing your Irvin jersey? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of owners, if not all, don't give two craps who buys the tickets as long as the stadium is sold out every home game.

And it's not just in the NFL. That's in any sport. Professional, College, Semi-Pro, ect ...

Hell, in some sports *cough*WNBA*cough* they aren't even worried about selling out. As long as money is coming from SOMEWHERE, virtually any owner is happy.

So ya, I'm pretty sure hearing the visiting teams have more cheers than the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium does not bother Jerry one bit.

JMHO
His idiot son said as much last week.

leeblair

Reaction score

I have to agree. If you're still giving money to this franchise you may as well burn it instead.

Exactly what I have been saying. Across social media more fans are turning away from this circus.
Jerry let America's Team die.
This team is something else, with different values, and people are turning away.

leeblair

Reaction score
Once they start winning the fans will come back
I disagree. There was more to the real Dallas Cowboys than winning. The values they stood for resonated with fans. It was almost as if they were royalty.
There's nothing about this franchise now that makes fans respect them.
They may wear the uniforms, but they are not the real Dallas Cowboys.
And fans know it.