Video: Irvin and Deion talking about partying during Super Bowl week

Zordon

Reaction score
They don't make 'em like the Playmaker anymore. LOL at them partying with Switzer.

Last edited:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Man I can't lie. I would've loved to roll with him in my 20's...

Ah hell -- I'd love to roll with him now!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
In Hollywood Henderson's book, "Out of Control" (never a more appropriate book title) he tells of climbing down the rain spout outside his hotel room the night before the Super Bowl to go and party with the Pointer Sisters LOL

And then tells about carrying a Dristan nose spray bottle full of cocaine in his hip pads during the Super Bowl.

That boy was a tremendous football player and athlete, but he was out of control.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
In Hollywood Henderson's book, "Out of Control" (never a more appropriate book title) he tells of climbing down the rain spout outside his hotel room the night before the Super Bowl to go and party with the Pointer Sisters LOL

And then tells about carrying a Dristan nose spray bottle full of cocaine in his hip pads during the Super Bowl.

That boy was a tremendous football player and athlete, but he was out of control.

This is how insane I was when I was a teenager about he Cowboys - I held a huge grudge against the Pointer Sisters for years for messing Hollywood up. I wouldn't even go to school on Mondays after bad losses (good thing Im out now lol).

Of course now I understand as does Thomas that he is accountable for his own actions but back then -- wow.

yentl911

Reaction score
They partied like rock stars but they played with a chip on their shoulders and a swagger that they were the best damn football players on the field. I wish we had some guys with that edge now. I see some from Dez and Murray. They have an attitude. Teams need that IMO.

Coy

Reaction score
They partied like rock stars but they played with a chip on their shoulders and a swagger that they were the best damn football players on the field. I wish we had some guys with that edge now. I see some from Dez and Murray. They have an attitude. Teams need that IMO.

It all starts with the HC, they had Jimmy, now it's Garrett, huge difference.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
As a young guy, I watched that steeler Super Bowl with a knot in my throat…. And thought to myself…."these guys probably partied all week!" as the steelers crept closer...

I guess I was right!!!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
It all starts with the HC, they had Jimmy, now it's Garrett, huge difference.

Yes I guess if Jason Garrett allowed his players to party all night, do drugs, engage in relations not suited for public discussion...there would be less of a difference huh?

silver

Reaction score
Yes I guess if Jason Garrett allowed his players to party all night, do drugs, engage in relations not suited for public discussion...there would be less of a difference huh?

they probably have a worse alcohol problem now than they had back then. Multiple DUI's and fatal car accident last year do tell a tale. Not to mention the pulled hamstring epidemic which could be due to being dehydrated all the time. Nah, I'd take Jimmy's discipline over Garrett's any time.

gmoney112

Reaction score
they probably have a worse alcohol problem now than they had back then. Multiple DUI's and fatal car accident last year do tell a tale. Not to mention the pulled hamstring epidemic which could be due to being dehydrated all the time. Nah, I'd take Jimmy's discipline over Garrett's any time.

No that'd be the more stringent enforcement of drinking related offenses and emerging influence of MADD.

You can bet your *** those guys were drinking and driving with the best of them and probably had a fistful of yayo and a couple of hookers alongside them. I'm looking at you, Irvin.

Great role models.

But it's okay, drug use and illicit behavior is completely fine as long as you're good at foosball.

Coy

Reaction score

Well maybe he should try it, ha, cause what he's doing obviously ain't working.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

With Jimmy, some of those guys earned some leniency, they practiced hard and produced on the field. Jimmy wouldn't have put up with those antics if they were mediocre players. I believe Jimmy even said something to the effect that he doesn't treat each player the same. I'm not saying some of the off field actions some of those guys were doing was right, but Jimmy judged his players by their actions once they stepped onto that field. Those 90's teams definitely weren't filled with choirboys or what might be considered RKG's, but they produced results and for Jimmy it was about winning and those teams accomplished that.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
As a young guy, I watched that steeler Super Bowl with a knot in my throat…. And thought to myself…."these guys probably partied all week!" as the steelers crept closer...

I guess I was right!!!

As a Boys fan from the 70's when we hit the 90's those superbowl teams were incredible, I never wondered if we would win, just by how much. Even in the playoffs. When Jimmy came out with his "Put it in three inch headlines" deal thats how I felt about every game back then. Never in doubt. The 40whiners loss in 94, the bad first 5 minutes, mud soaked game, that was a shock that we did not come back, even then I was confident.(tht was a great game to watch though ignoring the loss) Jimmy did not mess around as a coach, Aikman was deadly as a QB and Smith, man what words can adequately describe him, greatest of all time.

This team is a far cry from that dominant force of that team. Those boys did what they were gunna do no matter what you did to try to stop em, it just didn't matte what you were doing on offense or defense. This team comes out and asks the other team how do you want to play this? OK, we can do that. Lose, not hard at all, let go lose.

Man from the classy, finess 70's Landry titles to the sheer dominant, punch you in the nose style 90's dynasty we have fallen far. Makes me a sad panda.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
As a Boys fan from the 70's when we hit the 90's those superbowl teams were incredible, I never wondered if we would win, just by how much. Even in the playoffs. When Jimmy came out with his "Put it in three inch headlines" deal thats how I felt about every game back then. Never in doubt. The 40whiners loss in 94, the bad first 5 minutes, mud soaked game, that was a shock that we did not come back, even then I was confident.(tht was a great game to watch though ignoring the loss) Jimmy did not mess around as a coach, Aikman was deadly as a QB and Smith, man what words can adequately describe him, greatest of all time.

This team is a far cry from that dominant force of that team. Those boys did what they were gunna do no matter what you did to try to stop em, it just didn't matte what you were doing on offense or defense. This team comes out and asks the other team how do you want to play this? OK, we can do that. Lose, not hard at all, let go lose.

Man from the classy, finess 70's Landry titles to the sheer dominant, punch you in the nose style 90's dynasty we have fallen far. Makes me a sad panda.

yeh, but that was the Switzer Super Bowl. Kevin Williams was the no. 2 wr on that team, Hailey was older, and E Will was coming off the accident, and quite frankly wasn't as good.
I wasn't as confident in that team… And Bam Morris got busy as the game went on. If it wasn't for O'Donell, that game goes the other way. (and Larry Brown of course:D)

jimmy40

Reaction score
The offensive line must have partied harder than anyone with that pathetic excuse for run blocking. I think Emmitt had 23 yards his first carry about 25 yards his last 17 carries.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The offensive line must have partied harder than anyone with that pathetic excuse for run blocking. I think Emmitt had 23 yards his first carry about 25 yards his last 17 carries.

Pretty much.. hahahah.
Yeah Switzer teams did not have the discipline like the Johnson teams, and our depth was being eaten into by the league.
Still a good team, but I can't say I 100% trusted them going into that Super Bowl. I trusted the team that lost the year before more than the this Super Bowl team.
Like Ashwynn, I just knew we were going to come back agains the niners… sadly we didn't .

All of this is to say, I suspected this was the "hollywood" version of our three Super Bowl teams. Switzer probably partied just as hard as anyone.

joseephuss

Reaction score
yeh, but that was the Switzer Super Bowl. Kevin Williams was the no. 2 wr on that team, Hailey was older, and E Will was coming off the accident, and quite frankly wasn't as good.
I wasn't as confident in that team… And Bam Morris got busy as the game went on. If it wasn't for O'Donell, that game goes the other way. (and Larry Brown of course:D)

Bam Morris had less than 4 yards per carry in that game.

But two of those carries went for second half TDs.

joseephuss

Reaction score
thats why I said "got busy as the game went on". He was a factor as the steelers got closer…
stats are not always the whole story.

He was a factor on one single drive resulting in a TD. I didn't need stats to tell me he wasn't a huge factor in the game. I watched it. Dallas winning 20-7 in the 4th quarter at one point. The whole Steelers offense was hardly a factor for most of that game. If they don't recover an on sides kick, the final score isn't close. Of course the final score is just a stat that doesn't tell the whole story. That game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
He was a factor on one single drive resulting in a TD. I didn't need stats to tell me he wasn't a huge factor in the game. I watched it. Dallas winning 20-7 in the 4th quarter at one point. The whole Steelers offense was hardly a factor for most of that game. If they don't recover an on sides kick, the final score isn't close. Of course the final score is just a stat that doesn't tell the whole story. That game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

That's where we'll disagree. If O'Donell doesn't throw the errant pass, I'm not sure we win.
We will disagree on this one. Everyone see the game differently.