Irvin is a Giants homer now

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What? The Giants walked all over a very good Skins D after their owner died.

But we crushed the Cardinals!

Obviously, Irvin should be giving us the props.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Cmon dude, he works in the media. He has a responsibility to remain as objective as he can, so it means he is going to say nice things about some of his former enemies.

You're right James. It's not all that serious :rolleyes: Talking heads are all alike. Now the Giants are the next best thing since sliced bread ... until they get that butt spanked and then they'll move on to someone else. Tom Jackson is the only one I've seen who sticks with the Cowboys because he knows that Bill is still working on them and will deliver.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
sounds like mike is pushing as many buttons as he can for us and using the media to do it! he is still a dallas cowboy!

Yep. And he still cracks me up. Everybody else takes him more serious than he takes himself ... and believe me, we all know that he takes himself real serious :laugh2:

I was shocked that he called out McNabb. That took some guts. And besides, talking heads like Michael will get phone calls from these guys and their friends. He's man enough to take it. By the way, did I mention how good he looked in his suit last night ;)

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
My wife starts watching as soon as we get home from church, she loves those NFL shows.

Oh snap, I might be your wife. Monday Night Countdown is my favorite. Never miss it. I love the rapport (sp) of the crew. Much better than the Sunday show. But maybe I should be talking to Mrs. WV Cowboys about that :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sportsbabe said:
Yep. And he still cracks me up. Everybody else takes him more serious than he takes himself ... and believe me, we all know that he takes himself real serious :laugh2:

I was shocked that he called out McNabb. That took some guts. And besides, talking heads like Michael will get phone calls from these guys and their friends. He's man enough to take it. By the way, did I mention how good he looked in his suit last night ;)
What'd he say about McNabb? I missed it.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

He said Donovan is not playing good ball; he's throwing the ball into the dirt; in your QB contract it says you have to stand in there and deliver the ball (it doesn't matter about the rush); said he played the same way in the Superbowl. He said all this stuff in his "Playmaker" kind of way that, even though it's partially true, it came across like McNabb is a straight scrub. It was nasty, IMO. I'm sure Mike is going to get some "check yourself fool" calls :laugh2:

He also said McNabb wasn't hurt during the Atlanta game. In other words, what's the excuse for his play in that game? Brutal.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sportsbabe said:
He said Donovan is not playing good ball; he's throwing the ball into the dirt; in your QB contract it says you have to stand in there and deliver the ball (it doesn't matter about the rush); said he played the same way in the Superbowl. He said all this stuff in his "Playmaker" kind of way that, even though it's partially true, it came across like McNabb is a straight scrub. It was nasty, IMO. I'm sure Mike is going to get some "check yourself fool" calls :laugh2:

He also said McNabb wasn't hurt during the Atlanta game. In other words, what's the excuse for his play in that game? Brutal.
Ooh yeah that was pretty harsh. But true. McNabb has been one-hopping alot of balls this year and looking pretty scrub-like in the process.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Oh snap, I might be your wife. Monday Night Countdown is my favorite. Never miss it. I love the rapport (sp) of the crew. Much better than the Sunday show. But maybe I should be talking to Mrs. WV Cowboys about that :)
Baby, ... is that you ??

Seriously SB, it sounds like you two would get along quite nicely, probably forget I was even in the room.

ravidubey

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Anyone listening to him kiss the Giants' butt, and he still throwing McNabb nicety's out there also. It's making me sick. It might as well be the Micheal Irvins's NY Giants show with a bit of Eagles thrown in.

Then we're going to have to hear the excuses from Madden and Al on what their beloved Favre throwing 5 INT's. Guess the mute button wil be on soon. :bang2:
He was predicting Washington to win the NFC East and had a hug-hug interview with Lavar "personal foul" Arrington. He's trying too hard to not show Cowboy love.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
You're right James. It's not all that serious :rolleyes: Talking heads are all alike. Now the Giants are the next best thing since sliced bread ... until they get that butt spanked and then they'll move on to someone else. Tom Jackson is the only one I've seen who sticks with the Cowboys because he knows that Bill is still working on them and will deliver.
SB, ... I noticed that too about TJ, but I have also noticed that Howie Long has taken a liking to these new Cowboys too.

I posted that a week or so ago.

I commented then that he never played for Parcells, nor was he ever a Cowboy, so he must truly like what he has been seeing from Parcells 'Boys.

He has no agenda.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
He was predicting Washington to win the NFC East and had a hug-hug interview with Lavar "personal foul" Arrington. He's trying too hard to not show Cowboy love.
If I were in the shoes of Moose, Aikman, or MI, I would try to remain unbiased too.

But I would always laughingly, tounge-in-cheek show my homerism towards the Cowboys.

bsheeern

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I can't believe that!!! Your usually on top of things. You're slipping!!!LOL

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
If anything, you could argue Michael Irvin is the only ex-Cowboy in the media that takes a Cowboy slant and admits he is proud of Cowboy players who shine. If you can't stand Michael Irvin then I don't know how you deal with Troy Aikman who was obviously bitter toward the Cowboys when he first started doing games and was never shy about criticizing Jerry Jones' recent moves. Don't get me wrong because Troy was right with those criticisms and they needed to be said but if you are a homer Dallas fan, Michael Irvin is the last guy you should criticize.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
If I were in the shoes of Moose, Aikman, or MI, I would try to remain unbiased too.

But I would always laughingly, tounge-in-cheek show my homerism towards the Cowboys.

This is what I respect about our Cowboy journalists; they try to remain objective instead of unabashedly pro- Eagles like Jaworski.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Mike Irvin is quite brave. He isn't trying to satisfy his top fans in Dallas. He is trying his darndest not to be a homer. The man has on occasion, taken up for Dallas. But I have to applaude him for doing his best to be objective, while possibly alienating his most loyal fans. He is trying his best to be legit.

At worst, maybe he is an intense homer, and he is trying not to jinx his beloved Cowboys by always picking them.