Video: Irvin/Keyshawn: Do the Cowboys have an elite offensive line? Steele’s new contract

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Undisputed is much easier to watch now that Skip can’t talk as much. :thumbup:

Michael Irvin Recap:
  • Not underrated or overrated. They are rated where they need to be which is one of the top OLines when starting 5 is intact and healthy.
  • I talk to Nate Newton a lot. Told me that Steele’s contract is a great deal. Not one of the top top tackles but he’s way above average. Great at run blocking.
  • Regarding Tyron and Zack’s age, it’s 75 car crashes a game for the offensive line is what it is, not like me and Key as WRs. (Key said speak for yourself, he got hit a lot. He had to block. :D)
  • Cowboys need that dawg mentality like the 49ers had. That’s why they brought in Tyler Smith.
  • People underestimate how hard center is to play. It was crushing losing Travis Frederick. But you can hide the center, Biadasz.
  • The key to this line is Tyler Smith. Because if someone gets hurt he can move. And then you pick your backup.
  • They are putting up 35 points a game. That’s not the point. McCarthy wants to slow the game down.
    • McCarthy is the Coach. He doesn’t have to audition for a job and throw.
    • Mentality is important. It’s demoralizing for a defense if they can’t stop runs on 3rd and 2, 4th and 1! That’s why Philly was so good last year.
Keyshawn Johnson Recap:
  • They are underrated.
  • Last year under Kellen Moore they were running when they should have been passing, passing when they should have been running
    • It’s why McCarthy wanted to take over. It helps not only the defense, but the offensive line to stay healthy.
  • Tyron Smith is still one of the best when healthy.
  • They will get hurt, it happens, it’s football. But if they don’t, they are going to be good.
  • Irvin’s teams had injuries on line but they had depth, and this team doesn’t.
  • Run blocking is an effort thing. If you give effort it’s up to the back now to find his lanes. Zeke did good early but started to fade.
  • You can’t win throwing like they did. Give me your best 3rd down and 3 play and you throw??