Is an O-lineman out of the question?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
go back and read the articles on his release...Jones goes into pretty good detail about why Allen was cut and the contract wasnt reworked, and he said it was because of the style of offense they want to play and what they want the OL's to be able to do, he specifically mentioned mobility and playing in space

David
I see. Perhaps my recollection is incorrect. I remembered the prevailing reason being that his contract was too high. Despite our "style of offense" and his inability to fit that style I would imagine that he would still be a Cowboy if he had a $4-5 MM contract.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
go back and read the articles on his release...Jones goes into pretty good detail about why Allen was cut and the contract wasnt reworked, and he said it was because of the style of offense they want to play and what they want the OL's to be able to do, he specifically mentioned mobility and playing in space

David
I'd like to see the link to that David. I distinctly remember it was about cost.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'd like to see the link to that David. I distinctly remember it was about cost.

I will find it and repost...I'm sure it was posted here somewhere as well...it was either in DMN, FWST or at dallasCowboys.com, but I remember reading it

David

jrumann59

Reaction score
Basicly Dallas wants to go to a Denver style O_line where you have quick mobile lineman as opposed to straight ahead road graders. the primary reason being we have backs that are faster and quicker than emmitt was in prime and to take advantage of their speed and strengths you need lineman that can get out on the perimeter and block LB's and DB's

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is out of the question. But you don't draft backups at 18 you trade down.