Is Andy Reid retiring after the Super Bowl?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t know why he would want to retire especially if they win, having a QB like Mahomes. He could add several more Super Bowls to his resume. If he were to retire, it would be due to health reasons. I believe it was last season when he had to be taken to the hospital due to a health episode.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hope so. There is a very very very short list of more deserving coaches ahead of him.
It would not surprise me at all if this isn't impacting his decision. He knows/see for whatever reason, outside of Chief nation Bieniemy just not getting any respect as an HC candidate.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Andy Reid has had so much Family tragedy during his career, maybe it's time to spend more time with his loved ones. Whatever he decides I can only wish him the best.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's probably already a HOF first ballot w/o winning today. What more to accomplish, 1,2 3 more SBs? Ain't worth it IMO........award your wife and family with retirement.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Andy Reid has had so much Family tragedy during his career, maybe it's time to spend more time with his loved ones. Whatever he decides I can only wish him the best.
Best coach ever, I rate Reid over Bellicheck.

quickccc

Reaction score
i would think he likes coaching such that it's hard to retire and sit around ... especially when he is winning ..

but we've seen the likes of Parcells ..Jimmie, ..Cohwer .. Coughlin go into retirement and stay so..

DZSierra

Reaction score
Don’t know why he would want to retire especially if they win, having a QB like Mahomes.
He'd retire because he'd want to spend more time living life with his wife and family.

He doesn't need the money.

Mahomes wins the next 10 years, Andy gets some credit. The team doesn't come close to a superbowl, Andy still gets the credit for getting them there when he did.

I could actually see him retiring if they win tonight. The don't win, and I can see him staying for another couple years to try and get his second ring.

DZSierra

Reaction score
but we've seen the likes of Parcells ..Jimmie, ..Cohwer .. Coughlin go into retirement and stay so..
A coach of his stature, I'm certain he could get a side gig, make money and stay busy. Have to admit, his commercial for insurance is pretty good on the plane drawing on peoples faces.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He'd retire because he'd want to spend more time living life with his wife and family.

He doesn't need the money.

Mahomes wins the next 10 years, Andy gets some credit. The team doesn't come close to a superbowl, Andy still gets the credit for getting them there when he did.

I could actually see him retiring if they win tonight. The don't win, and I can see him staying for another couple years to try and get his second ring.
Health reasons would be the only way he retires in my opinion. No way would he want to step down with Mahomes in the prime of his career unless he has a health issue. He’s been overweight his entire life and there could be something going on with his health.