Is Anthony Brown the starter?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Think Canada’s is more likely to end up in Jordan Lewis’s spot in the slot when he starts getting burned, again.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just wanted to get all the ducks in a row and make sure I got it that he is the starting outside CB. I don't trust Wright to start he is a rookie, aside from that the only other choice is Canaday.
I don't know how much the coaches are in favor for Canaday to start over Brown who was penciled back in May or whatever as the starter.
Been trying to tell you cats this for months now it seems.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This. And no, Canady isnt a slot only cb. He's better than brown
Possibly, but are you judging that based off of Canadys' physical presence vs the run, vs pass.. compared to Brown?
Ive stated several times that Brown will be the starter, but that doesnt mean that he stays in 3 downs.
Brown gets the early gig because he is the vet presence, but this young back seven has some serious talent that is going to change
up a few roles, not just Browns.
Long story short, it doesnt really matter who is considered "starting", once Quinn starts rolling out his sub packages, thats when the fans really start understanding the ability to put some big Nickle backs into the equation.
Its obvious how Quinn values large frame DBs,, we got more than a couple that I fully expect to be in the perfect environment, a very competitive environment vs peers, thats the atmosphere Jimmy Johnson installed.
So let the strongest survive,, and Im happy having Brown on this roster.

DanA

Reaction score
Ok all you scaredy cats worrying and shaking in your booties about CB Brown and any and all other Cowboy CBs, shall we take a look at TB CBs (list from ESPN site):

Ross Cockrell CB 8-year exp Duke
Carlton Davis CB 4-year exp Auburn
Jamel Dean CB 3-year exp Auburn
Dee Delaney CB 1-year exp Miami
Herb Miller CB 1-year exp Florida Atlantic
Sean Murphy-Bunting CB 3-year exp Central Michigan

I don't know much about these TB CBs but I think they will have their hands full with Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Wilson, and Brown. I like the Cowboy WRs against these CBs.

Anyone know anything about these CBs other than 'it doesn't matter because TB has the bestest ever DL in the history of the NFL, even better than the '85 Bears.' Yeah, I know Zach Martin doesn't stand a chance against Vita Vea or whichever monster he has to face on the TB DL.

There DB’s are trash. Carlton Davis is okay and one they’d be looking for improvement from but he’s still not good.

plasticman

Reaction score
Brown is the starter until someone earns the right to replace him. So far, no takers. True, Canady has wowed us with INT's off QB's that are now practice squad players at best. That doesn't translate to anything more than potential.

The next step is to put him or another in there occasionally and see what happens. Then we go from there. I'm pretty sure there are coaches, executives, and fans who would love to see someone outplay Brown.

Then again, weird things happen in the NFL. Experience can be an excellent enhancer. There has been players that perform at a Pro Bowl level for the first time rather late in their career. Sometimes the quality of his teammates create better opportunities to shine.

Cowboys tackle Mark Tuinei was in his 12th season when he received his first Pro Bowl appearance. Guard Nate Newton was in his 7th as was Jay Novacek.

A vicious pass rush can help make a CB look really good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just wanted to get all the ducks in a row and make sure I got it that he is the starting outside CB. I don't trust Wright to start he is a rookie, aside from that the only other choice is Canaday.
I don't know how much the coaches are in favor for Canaday to start over Brown who was penciled back in May or whatever as the starter.
You don't pay attention very well if you had to ask this question.

Alexander

Reaction score
There DB’s are trash. Carlton Davis is okay and one they’d be looking for improvement from but he’s still not good.
They have a very thin team.

Yes. All 22 came back. And Tryon will be a terror.

But a few injuries here and there.

DanA

Reaction score
They have a very thin team.

Yes. All 22 came back. And Tryon will be a terror.

But a few injuries here and there.

It’s interesting. Every one of their DB’s had a better season than ours last year but I don’t think I’d take a single one of them over what Dallas has.

Alexander

Reaction score
It’s interesting. Every one of their DB’s had a better season than ours last year but I don’t think I’d take a single one of them over what Dallas has.
It is not about always having the "most talent". The right talent for a scheme, for a team, that is what makes things work.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The depth chart that is posted on the team's website is still unofficial but yes, Anthony Brown is still a starting CB according to that depth chart.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Think Canada’s is more likely to end up in Jordan Lewis’s spot in the slot when he starts getting burned, again.

I always liked Jourdan Lewis. When you least expect it he gets a pick or a fumble recovery. His play in the slot nickel dime package doesn’t concern me. And Cannady and Wright offer further depth. I’m liking the 2021 secondary plus the new troops to help Wilson at safety . Thankfully the Cheeto Jeff Heath days are gone.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Anthony Brown has been the starter since the first round of the draft.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Davis went supernova for a bit last year. Bunting and Dean are good players. I think there's a decent chance all three of them are better than any Dallas corner.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'd love for Brown to prove me wrong, but he's a third corner at best and I think teams will attack our weakness at that spot.

I can understand not trusting Wright, but I'd almost rather see us throw him out there mistakes and all. Diggs made a lot of mistakes last year, but he also made plays ... and I feel like maybe to a lesser extent, Wright would do the same.

With Brown, he'll be in decent position a lot as the receiver is making the catch. With Wright, he'll make a play on the ball some while getting burnt completely some. It would be more feast and famine instead of the offense always eating even if it has to take smaller bites.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I'd love for Brown to prove me wrong, but he's a third corner at best and I think teams will attack our weakness at that spot.

I can understand not trusting Wright, but I'd almost rather see us throw him out there mistakes and all. Diggs made a lot of mistakes last year, but he also made plays ... and I feel like maybe to a lesser extent, Wright would do the same.

With Brown, he'll be in decent position a lot as the receiver is making the catch. With Wright, he'll make a play on the ball some while getting burnt completely some. It would be more feast and famine instead of the offense always eating even if it has to take smaller bites.

If Brown or even Diggs has issues Cannady will be inserted . I don’t see Dan Quinn as either patient or hesitant .