Is anyone in charge at the Ranch

Wood

Reaction score
This should have been a good week with solid win over the skins...but what we have here is battles being waged thur the media:

We have Deion (who doesnt like Jason Garrett) baiting Owens to point out how Garrett is misusing him on national TV.

We have Michael Irvin/Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips pointing out that Owens is not involved enough.

We have Jason Garrett..who was the Golden Boy to begin the season now being thrown under the bus by anyone who feels like venting these days. Red was labeled brilliant in Miami and Dallas last year...but now is all the sudden "incompetent".

We have Jerry Jones pointing out that Tashard Choice can absolutely handle 10 carries a game but Wade Phillips who does not see it that way.

And Finally we have Jerry Jones selling his soul to the devil by claiming that it was partially his falt that Pacman Jones was unable to control his drinking.

** This team has one foot out the door and the other on a banana peal until a coach with legit power takes over this ghost ship.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jerry is in charge. That is scary enough at times. He's much better than he was 20 years ago though.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jobberone;2433550 said:
Jerry is in charge. That is scary enough at times. He's much better than he was 20 years ago though.

Yep.

Jerry is in charge and he's the "face" of the franchise. He's like a wild-eyed, knee-jerk fan that goes 100 mph all the time.

This is Jerry World.

A new headline every day.

Chaos.

Drama.

"Tomfoolery," to quote Leotis Brown.

Suspensions.

Injuries.

News conferences.

Trades.

Marketing deals.

Interviews.

Controversy.

Stadium deals.

Busts.

Fines.

Accusations.

It's like this wild, helter skelter world and Jerry is Charles Manson.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2433544 said:
This should have been a good week with solid win over the skins...but what we have here is battles being waged thur the media:

We have Deion (who doesnt like Jason Garrett) baiting Owens to point out how Garrett is misusing him on national TV.

We have Michael Irvin/Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips pointing out that Owens is not involved enough.

We have Jason Garrett..who was the Golden Boy to begin the season now being thrown under the bus by anyone who feels like venting these days. Red was labeled brilliant in Miami and Dallas last year...but now is all the sudden "incompetent".

We have Jerry Jones pointing out that Tashard Choice can absolutely handle 10 carries a game but Wade Phillips who does not see it that way.

And Finally we have Jerry Jones selling his soul to the devil by claiming that it was partially his falt that Pacman Jones was unable to control his drinking.

** This team has one foot out the door and the other on a banana peal until a coach with legit power takes over this ghost ship.
Owens is a 35 year old man who knows how the media works better than anybody. Deion didn't "bait" Owens into anything. Owens is just frustrated and now taking shots at his quarterbacks and coaches. he's selfish.

Smith22

Reaction score
Rampage;2433652 said:
Owens is a 35 year old man who knows how the media works better than anybody. Deion didn't "bait" Owens into anything. Owens is just frustrated and now taking shots at his quarterbacks and coaches. he's selfish.

True. You know, besides the overdose episode, things haven't been too bad with Owens here in Big D. Problem is, the guy just can't stay away from the camera and he doesn't know how to just shut up and play.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
http://i271.***BLOCKED***/albums/jj141/fes_carlos/Jack-Nicholson---The-Shining--C1010.jpg

WG5516

Reaction score
This crap is too much. All the things I'm supporting is sucking major air this yr.

Janet... The Washington Wizards and now the Cowboys. This is too much.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2433652 said:

funny how you can blame Garrett scheme for not using Felix and Choice enough but when TO says it he's selfish BTW when did he throw Romo under the bus?

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Chief;2433644 said:
Yep.

Jerry is in charge and he's the "face" of the franchise. He's like a wild-eyed, knee-jerk fan that goes 100 mph all the time.

This is Jerry World.

Chaos.

Drama.

Suspensions.

Injuries.

News conferences.

Trades.

Marketing deals.

Interviews.

Controversy.

Stadium deals.

Busts.

Fines.

Accusations.

I'm loving every minute of it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2433990 said:
funny how you can blame Garrett scheme for not using Felix and Choice enough but when TO says it he's selfish BTW when did he throw Romo under the bus?
Barber is more important to this team than Owens. you can't over work your running backs(see Larry Johnson). Owens gets more than enough passes thrown his way. I'm just some guy blaming Gareett on a message board. he's a player blaming his own coach on tv. I didn't say Romo I said his quarterbacks. he threw them under the bus with his "I can't throw the ball and catch it" comment. funny how he gets more passes thrown to him than anybody else on this team yet nobody else is acting like a baby and whining to the media.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
jobberone;2433550 said:

I don't think he was here 20 years ago, but i'll take 19. He was much better then than now, he let Jimmy do everything then!:)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry is taking this team down - faster than anticipated

He needs a Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells football guy in his face making FOOTBALL calls.

It's becoming embarassing - he is yipping at the heals of being Al Davis soon.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Chief;2433644 said:
Yep.

This is Jerry World.

Chaos.

Drama.

Suspensions.

Injuries.

News conferences.

Trades.

Marketing deals.

Interviews.

Controversy.

Stadium deals.

Busts.

Fines.

Accusations.

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or laying it on just a little thick. From my perspective this is one of the most visible franchises in the NFL and has been even before Jerry was the owner. Yes he is guilty of promoting the Cowboys.

You can't control every player or anticipate what they will state in an interview. You can't ban them from interviewing either especially if they haven't been negatively outspoken for quite some time.

All the things you mentioned go on with every team we just get an unhealthier dose of it. This season for Jerry Jones is like Tony Romo's Cabo. If our team was hitting on all cylinders and had an impressive record we would be marvelling over Jerry's positive energy or vigor.

The sum of our success and failure pretty much is a collective affair including but not limited to coaching, players, opponents, Jerry and Rowdy the Mascot.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jobberone;2433550 said:

Started looking that way. Now? Not so much. He's every bit the lunatic.

There's no way one could live thru his latest antics, yes antics, and not think WTH!!??! Did he just do that? Did he just say that?

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Anymore I am looking forward to the day that Stephen takes over. Jerry has worn me out and really needs to stop being a fan and start being an owner and holding everyone accountable. But most of all stop trying to get messages to other people through the media. If you have a problem go to the person at the Ranch and act like a man....

Seven

Reaction score
JakeCamp12;2434456 said:
Anymore I am looking forward to the day that Stephen takes over. Jerry has worn me out and really needs to stop being a fan and start being an owner and holding everyone accountable. But most of all stop trying to get messages to other people through the media. If you have a problem go to the person at the Ranch and act like a man....

Foul. 15 yards. You can't use "man" when refering to Jerry. :)

BTW - Stephen? I'm thinking the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that SO sucks for all of us. JMO, of course. He could have his mothers brain....any brain at all would work.

burmafrd

Reaction score
TO is more important to the offense then barber is. Roy has to show that he can get the kind of attention TO demands. I think that will take some time. Right now after ROmo the most important Offensive Player is TO. Witten is 3rd and Barber fourth. With Choice and Bennet starting to show something we have very solid backups for both of them. We got squat for Romo and TO.
Though Roy might change the situation for TO.

Seven

Reaction score
burmafrd;2434481 said:
TO is more important to the offense then barber is. Roy has to show that he can get the kind of attention TO demands. I think that will take some time. Right now after ROmo the most important Offensive Player is TO. Witten is 3rd and Barber fourth. With Choice and Bennet starting to show something we have very solid backups for both of them. We got squat for Romo and TO.

Your boy is nothing more than an adolescent with some talent. If #81 wasn't here you'd bet your bottom dollar we'd have R11 setting records. Without the "whoa is me" crap.

As far as your analogy to Barber. Wrong. Attitude alone, Barber smokes that clown. Who's Barber's backup? When did Choice show something?

Write this down..........if #81 keeps it up, he'll be nothing but disaster for this offense. See 9ers and Mooch. See Eagles and team.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
burmafrd;2434481 said:

Dude! You are out of your freaking mind, period!

:rolleyes: