Is anyone watching the AAF?

CPanther95

Reaction score
Not true.

The leagues are all jockeying to become the NFL's official league. The AAF has way more connections to the NFL so they are less likely to do something that flat out defied NFL thinking. For example, the other leagues are talking about letting kids play before the NFL's three years out of high school requirement.

Don't know where you got that idea, but everything stated by the XFL is the exact opposite. In fact they specifically said that they wanted nothing to do with the NFL as a developmental or minor league in partnership with them.

The NFL views the XFL as a threat - not a serious threat yet - but enough that they quickly cobbled together the AAF with the mandate that they start up a year before the XFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
0-0 tie after one quarter. Not compelling so far.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-know-first-alliance-american-football-season

What's the long-term hope for the league?
Polian and Ebersol want to work to be a complement to the NFL, and Polian said he's open to suggestions from the league. As for what they are hoping for by the end of this season?

"I want folks who know football to say, 'Hey, this is pretty good football and it'll get better and it got better during the year,'" Polian said. "We're going to be a lot better on the 27th of April than we'll be on the 9th of February. Teams get better as they practice and play together. That's No. 1.

"No. 2, I want people to say that it's an interesting and exciting game."

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The AAF is ahead of everyone else, not just because they started earlier. Each team has 4 designated NFL teams. Presumably, those teams get first crack at anyone they want to sign.

The Cowboys are designated for San Antonio.

Yeah, I need to see that reported because nothing has stated that so far. They just asked Polian before the game where he wants the league to be in 5 years and he said at that point they'd hope to get practice squad players and young coaches from the NFL.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
QBs have it a lot easier since the defense can only rush 5 players and cannot blitz from the secondary

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ahahahaha

Simms' kid with the INT.

The only thing sweeter would be if his father were calling the play-by-play.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I never did. I would much rather an entire Cowboys minor league team.
This could develop into that depending on the revenue.

It has an advantage the XFL will never have.

Old guys from the NFL that want to make it work.