Is anyone watching the NBA dunk contest?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
That Amare/Nash dunk was one of the Ive ever seen !!:eek:
I'm watching it... this is one of the best since when Vince was doing the original Vinsanity.

Amare hits that second one and it's over...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I'm watching it... this is one of the best since when Vince was doing the original Vinsanity.

Amare hits that second one and it's over...

booty i want the good old days with mike vs wilkes, i miss the good dunks not these wanna be's

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I dont know, Josh's dunk over K-Mart and them Amare's off Nash's head were two of the best in recent memory. The best ever however was Spudd Webb's 360 off the floor, simply because he was 5'7'' and it was amazing...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
booty i want the good old days with mike vs wilkes, i miss the good dunks not these wanna be's
Well, today's mike's and wilks aren't even invited to these things anymore. rising stars consist of mostly 1st and 2nd year players...w/Amare being an old vet at 3 years...

even so, if nothing else these guys brought a little more creativity than in years past.

Nav22

Reaction score
Jason Richardson (Golden State) the past 2 years puts all these guys to shame. Richardson or Desmond Mason (Milwaukee) would've stolen the show if they were competing tonight.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Amare's dunks were only good because of Nash.

This unlimited dunk rule is dumb. Andersen got 15 freaking chances and still pulled in 7 and 8's.

Every year they talk about how the dunk contest is back and that all these guys should come to stake the title. It doesn't work anymore. Everyone is too concerned about somehow twisting their ankle or otherwise hurting their already inflated egos. MJ vs. DW, those days are gone.

Here would be a good contest with eight guys:

Lebron James
Jason Richardson
Vince Carter
Josh Smith
Desmond Mason
Ricky Davis
Kobe Bryant
Token White Dude

That will actually attract an audience.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
That Amare/Nash dunk was one of the Ive ever seen :eek:
Let us know if someone turns a flip and dunks because we've already seen everything else.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Avery said:
Amare's dunks were only good because of Nash.

This unlimited dunk rule is dumb. Andersen got 15 freaking chances and still pulled in 7 and 8's.

Every year they talk about how the dunk contest is back and that all these guys should come to stake the title. It doesn't work anymore. Everyone is too concerned about somehow twisting their ankle or otherwise hurting their already inflated egos. MJ vs. DW, those days are gone.

Here would be a good contest with eight guys:

Lebron James
Jason Richardson
Vince Carter
Josh Smith
Desmond Mason
Ricky Davis
Kobe Bryant
Token White Dude

That will actually attract an audience.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised Amare Stoudemire actually volunteered for the contest being that he's a big name and all. I miss the days when Jordan and Dominique would go at it.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Oh please. These are just as good. Im tired of old timers(;)) taking away from today's game because its not their good ol days...

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
since Vince Carter amazing performance the dunk contest has sucked but the Josh Smith dunk over Martins was very good along with JR Smith behind the back but i hear that he missed it 3 or 4 times.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Tio said:
Oh please. These are just as good. Im tired of old timers(;)) taking away from today's game because its not their good ol days...
For those of us that grew up watching Dr. J when you actually had to dunk over people because defenders didn't get out of the way when someone dunked and before you could take a hop, skip, jump and three steps without dribbling, todays guys just don't measure up.