Is barry better then emmitt ?

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
JGleas said:
I think Emmit is probably better, but if your starting a franchise, you gotta go with Barry. With all his moves and everything and no matter how much the Lions sucked he never said "Im a gem in garbage" or w/e Emmit said.

I think if you are starting a franchise, you take the back who scores points and played every down. That would be Emmitt...

Barry had more pass rec, yrds, so that argument is a moot point. However, if you look at a back who did it all plus carried the ball 20+ times a game, you go with Emmitt, not to mention Emmitt showing up big when it counted. Emmitt never had a playoff game with minus yrds, Barry did... The greatest Oline argument is so tired. Granted the collection of Oline pieces Dallas had was good, but many of those guys played with Herschel, and Tony, never did squat until Emmitt. LA wasn't a Cowboy until 94, Erik Williams was a shell of his former self after his injury... Step left early in Emmitt's Carrer the list goes on...

I think you can say either one is the best, it all comes down to personal preference, I think any greatest rb of all time list can have any of the following as the top rb, Smith, Payton, Brown or Sanders, but all four must be in the top 4 or your list or I would question that list, but any of the 4 could be your top guy with the others falling in place behind... JMO...

awfg2001

Reaction score
Avery said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v446/awfg2001/photos/Isaacsmall2.jpg

Awesome pic. How did you meet MW?

And Barry probably would have been better than Emmitt if he would have ran behind our line. In the end, Emmitt gets the nod because of consistency and longevity, but if Sanders could have ran with us in the 90's, I think the argument could possibly be made that he would be the greatest football player of all-time. He would have smoked 20,000 yards.

But it didn't happen and we'll never know.

As a part-time gig I do autograph shows.I done shows with Sanders,Magic,Kobe,Kareem,Eric Dickerson,Bo Jackson,M.Allen(A-Hole) and lots more!! Its GREAT getting to work with these guys!!

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Barry was the better RB. Even Emmitt Smith will admit this. Emmitt didn't care that Barry was better. He was going to win the all time rushing title anyway. That was Emmitt's philosophy. He knew that certain backs will be faster, quicker and stronger than him but Emmitt had the heart. Barry lacked heart. I love Barry and he was humble but he didn't have Emmitt's heart or drive to be the best. barry could have easily won it and put it out of contention but he lacked the desire. Emmitt had the desire and that's what separates the best from the most talented. People like Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith and Tiger Woods set themselves apart because they wanted to be the best more than anyone else. That's called fire. Emmitt had that and Barry lacked it.

awfg2001

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Barry was the better RB. Even Emmitt Smith will admit this. Emmitt didn't care that Barry was better. He was going to win the all time rushing title anyway. That was Emmitt's philosophy. He knew that certain backs will be faster, quicker and stronger than him but Emmitt had the heart. Barry lacked heart. I love Barry and he was humble but he didn't have Emmitt's heart or drive to be the best. barry could have easily won it and put it out of contention but he lacked the desire. Emmitt had the desire and that's what separates the best from the most talented. People like Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith and Tiger Woods set themselves apart because they wanted to be the best more than anyone else. That's called fire. Emmitt had that and Barry lacked it.
When I did a show with Barry we had this conversation(the best back).Barry said he felt Emmitt was the better back.I even got Billy Sims to say Emmitt was better also!!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Barry was fun to watch, but it is ridiculous to suggest that he was as good a complete NFL running back as Emmitt Smith. :rolleyes:

Don't bring it up again. ;)