Is Bland the best Cowboys CB since prime time?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Little strange how it feels like he is just now getting recognized in national press. He’s been tearing it up since his rookie year.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Little strange how it feels like he is just now getting recognized in national press. He’s been tearing it up since his rookie year.
Same. I saw something in him his first start. Then later on in his rookie season I knew he was going to be special. Crazy he's just now getting attention. I could probably look at my post history and count like 10 times me telling people in the offseason not to worry about our nickel corner cause Bland was going to be a shut down corner. Imagine Diggs, Gilmore, Bland. That would have been a historical defense I think.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Same. I saw something in him his first start. Then later on in his rookie season I knew he was going to be special. Crazy he's just now getting attention. I could probably look at my post history and count like 10 times me telling people in the offseason not to worry about our nickel corner cause Bland was going to be a shut down corner. Imagine Diggs, Gilmore, Bland. That would have been a historical defense I think.

Two positions I was never all that concerned about after last season was CB, and TE.

I had high expectations for Bland and Fergy. Getting Gilmore was still pretty awesome. The draft was pushing TE hard so I resided myself to believing I was higher on Fergy and Hendershot than the staff.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Honestly, I like Bland better as a CB because he tackles. Prime had the PR'er and WR thing going for him, so he was a must see event.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Funny, it was just a few weeks ago when he was considered the second best CB on the team… overreaction Monday lol

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sauce is better but no shame. Bland has been anything but. As for the best since Prime, it’s close. Was going to say Diggs but tackling is important to me for corners.

Since my user name is in part a reference to Terence Newman, a fave player of mine, I’m conflicted.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I really enjoy watching the players and he’s been so so so good but I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop with this kid for some reason and I hope I’m really wrong.

Mark

Reaction score
The kid is playing great, for sure. When Bland starts returning kicks, racking-up yards on offense, and fitting some MLB games into his schedule - aside from playing corner - get back to us.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I imagine the people comparing him to Prime Time didn’t actually watch Sanders play. Bland has a ways to go to reach that height.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I imagine the people comparing him to Prime Time didn’t actually watch Sanders play. Bland has a ways to go to reach that height.
Seriously. Bland is great don't get me wrong. But Prime is arguably the best athlete to ever set foot on any field.